User Tag List

Thread: Many Random Unexplained Bugs..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many Random Unexplained Bugs..

Hello!

I've noticed that when I currently build my large game, and test the game, some features of the game work completely wrong and mess up, but when I test it later, everything works perfectly..

For example.. I didn't make any changes to the bosses, but when I tested the built version, the bosses do something completely different than those should (enemies don't move, sights doesn't move towards the player, etc.), even after opening game again and even in the editor, but in the next day, everything works perfectly.

Second example.. I didn't make any changes for the shop, but when I tested the built version (which I build many days after the last one), it worked perfectly fine for the while, but after I entered level 4 and went to shopping, it starts to get crazy.. (sometimes the shop closes by itself, the text doesn't appear, the shop selector moves by itself, etc), I went back to previous levels, and they started to get crazy too. Restarting the game didn't help. The next day I played through the whole game and all the shops worked perfectly fine.

What could be the reason for this? Has anyone else had similar experiences? This has only recently started to happen.. Other testers also have same problems when they test the game..
    I'm using Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Developer (with 2.5+dlc).. Build R294.10

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Did you check if you reached the maximum number of objects in the frame? I guess weird things could happen in your game if some objects are not created.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about that. I have put maxinum 30 000 "Number of objects" on every single frame, and there are usually 600-3 000 objects on the frames.
    Also that couldn't explain why some events stop working completely, but the next day everything works perfectly

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have global objects, be aware that it will affect any objects that have the same name and type. (hence why you should give unique proper names to your objects, specially global ones)
    So perhaps your objects are maintaining data that should be cleared, or being affected by global events that were meant for other objects entirely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am well aware of those. The data is always reset in the right places. Those bugs then also happened inside the Clickteam, even though I only tested one frame (bc of that,data is not transferred from other frames), so the problem can't be caused by those.