User Tag List

Thread: Question about "do not uninstalling file" option

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about "do not uninstalling file" option

Hi, I'm using IC Pro to create an installer for a game. Once installed on the user's system, it's possible for this game to generate a file and drop it into the game directory (let's say this generated file is called drop.xxx).

When setting up the game files to make the installer with IC Pro, I placed the drop.xxx file into the directory and ran IC Pro so that it shows up in the Files list. I don't want drop.xxx to be packed into installer though. So I go to the 'Misc' tab and click "Do not install this file".

However, when the user chooses to uninstall the game from their hard drive, I don't want the the drop.xxx file to be removed from the directory either. I noticed that you can't check both "don't install this file" and "don't uninstall this file". You can only check one or the other.

Additionally, in the uninstaler tab, I have *.* listed under 'additional files to remove' so that all files get removed from the game directory.

So, I do NOT want to install drop.xxx at the outset, yet I don't want to uninstall it IF it exists in the game directory.

Is there any way to do what I want other than to manually enter every filetype I wish to uninstall in the 'Additional files to remove' bar?

Thanks for any help!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about "do not uninstalling file" option

Hi, I'm using IC Pro to create an installer for a game. Once installed on the user's system, it's possible for this game to generate a file and drop it into the game directory (let's say this generated file is called drop.xxx).

When setting up the game files to make the installer with IC Pro, I placed the drop.xxx file into the directory and ran IC Pro so that it shows up in the Files list. I don't want drop.xxx to be packed into installer though. So I go to the 'Misc' tab and click "Do not install this file".

However, when the user chooses to uninstall the game from their hard drive, I don't want the the drop.xxx file to be removed from the directory either. I noticed that you can't check both "don't install this file" and "don't uninstall this file". You can only check one or the other.

Additionally, in the uninstaler tab, I have *.* listed under 'additional files to remove' so that all files get removed from the game directory.

So, I do NOT want to install drop.xxx at the outset, yet I don't want to uninstall it IF it exists in the game directory.

Is there any way to do what I want other than to manually enter every filetype I wish to uninstall in the 'Additional files to remove' bar?

Thanks for any help!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Question about "do not uninstalling file" option

I think there is no other way, if you use *.* all the files will be uninstalled even if they have the "do not uninstall" option.

Yves.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think there is no other way, if you use *.* all the files will be uninstalled even if they have the "do not uninstall" option.

Yves.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, thanks for the info.

Another quick one; is it at all possible to prompt the user about whether they want to place a shortcut icon on the desktop (i.e. so that they have to click either 'yes' or 'no)?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, thanks for the info.

Another quick one; is it at all possible to prompt the user about whether they want to place a shortcut icon on the desktop (i.e. so that they have to click either 'yes' or 'no)?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, there is no option for that either, sorry...

Yves.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, there is no option for that either, sorry...

Yves.