User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Active Object loading external files?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Active Object loading external files?

Hi, I was taking some time to experience the MMF2 demo. Great! However one feature I always wanted (and that I believe is very powerful and easy to implement) is not there...

It would be great if we could load pictures at runtime into an active object, just like we already can do with the active picture one. Games with player sprite modifications would greatly benefit from this, specially vitalized ones, where size do matter and you can't just include several active objects and switch between them.

Of course it's currently possible to do this by using the active picture, however when you have animations with more frames, loading them into the object is time consuming and does not produce good visual effects, specially from Internet.

However, since the feature is already implemented, I think a great and easy addition to active object would be actions like "clear animation sequence X", "append picture into animation sequence X" and so on (or we could have one or two dynamic animations together with the standard edit-time ones - if an animation ia accessed without being loaded, the active object would simply show the "stand" one). With that we could load/download the animations at runtime improving the games a lot.

What do you think?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Active Object loading external files?

Hi, I was taking some time to experience the MMF2 demo. Great! However one feature I always wanted (and that I believe is very powerful and easy to implement) is not there...

It would be great if we could load pictures at runtime into an active object, just like we already can do with the active picture one. Games with player sprite modifications would greatly benefit from this, specially vitalized ones, where size do matter and you can't just include several active objects and switch between them.

Of course it's currently possible to do this by using the active picture, however when you have animations with more frames, loading them into the object is time consuming and does not produce good visual effects, specially from Internet.

However, since the feature is already implemented, I think a great and easy addition to active object would be actions like "clear animation sequence X", "append picture into animation sequence X" and so on (or we could have one or two dynamic animations together with the standard edit-time ones - if an animation ia accessed without being loaded, the active object would simply show the "stand" one). With that we could load/download the animations at runtime improving the games a lot.

What do you think?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Active Object loading external files?

I think its on Yves wish list for a future update.

But I don't really know when that will be.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think its on Yves wish list for a future update.

But I don't really know when that will be.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a developer felt so inclined, he could do this with an extension. As far as I can tell, all of the Active Object functionality can be included in an object just by setting a few flags, so all the developer would have to do is add the new functionality. When the new SDK arrives, you might get some takers.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a developer felt so inclined, he could do this with an extension. As far as I can tell, all of the Active Object functionality can be included in an object just by setting a few flags, so all the developer would have to do is add the new functionality. When the new SDK arrives, you might get some takers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great idea. Besides, external Backdrops and Background System Boxes would be even greater.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great idea. Besides, external Backdrops and Background System Boxes would be even greater.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overlay can load images during runtime

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overlay can load images during runtime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast