Thread: sound capabilites / 24 bit

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sound capabilites / 24 bit

HiThere
    I've just been messing around with the demo for MMF2 and got extremely excited when I was able to make it playback and loop 24 bit wav files perfectly without having to use directshow. My questions are:

1. Does this mean that MMF2 can play back 24 bit and loop them perfectly on machines that do not have 24 bit hardware support (Like Directsound2 used to be able to!)

2. Is there away to retireve the playback position etc from WAV? when I try and retireve files it asks me for the name of the file. Is this the whole path or just the filename?

3. Is it also possible to get MMF2 to play a WAV from a particular position in a file?

Cheers
    JohnZ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sound capabilites / 24 bit

HiThere
    I've just been messing around with the demo for MMF2 and got extremely excited when I was able to make it playback and loop 24 bit wav files perfectly without having to use directshow. My questions are:

1. Does this mean that MMF2 can play back 24 bit and loop them perfectly on machines that do not have 24 bit hardware support (Like Directsound2 used to be able to!)

2. Is there away to retireve the playback position etc from WAV? when I try and retireve files it asks me for the name of the file. Is this the whole path or just the filename?

3. Is it also possible to get MMF2 to play a WAV from a particular position in a file?

Cheers
    JohnZ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: sound capabilites / 24 bit

Doh! Ignore 2 and 3. I understand now that it depends what channel your are using.

I have noticed that reading postion information from a channel works fine when the file is not looped. When the file is looped the postition info seems to reset itself to zero part way through the file giving false readings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doh! Ignore 2 and 3. I understand now that it depends what channel your are using.

I have noticed that reading postion information from a channel works fine when the file is not looped. When the file is looped the postition info seems to reset itself to zero part way through the file giving false readings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, tests on various machines have prooved that MMF2 won't play 24 bit files in the way I hoped.

Back to the drawing board....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, tests on various machines have prooved that MMF2 won't play 24 bit files in the way I hoped.

Back to the drawing board....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Tigs, thanks for your reply.

My problem is that I've created software that is effectively a sample browser. Most samples libraries in WAV format tend to be 24 bit these days so my software works OK for folk with 24 bit hardware support but not for folk with 16 bit cards.

I really need to be able to neatly loop 24 bits files. MMF2 does this fine if you have supporting hardware. Your DS2 object used to resample the files excellently but I've gone back to the project I started earlier in the year and found that it won't loop the resampled files neatly. I've tried it on 2 machines and getting the same thing.

See my post here http://clickteam.com/center/showflat.php...8705fe6a2f893ff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Tigs, thanks for your reply.

My problem is that I've created software that is effectively a sample browser. Most samples libraries in WAV format tend to be 24 bit these days so my software works OK for folk with 24 bit hardware support but not for folk with 16 bit cards.

I really need to be able to neatly loop 24 bits files. MMF2 does this fine if you have supporting hardware. Your DS2 object used to resample the files excellently but I've gone back to the project I started earlier in the year and found that it won't loop the resampled files neatly. I've tried it on 2 machines and getting the same thing.

See my post here http://clickteam.com/center/showflat.php...8705fe6a2f893ff