Thread: Formatted Text object bug?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Formatted Text object bug?

Hi all,

I've been working with the Formatted Text object and I've come across what I believe to be a bug. Since there seems to be no way to specify font details through the object's actions, I've been passing it raw RTF-formatted text from the Rich Edit object (using GetRTFText$) as a substitute. This has worked well except for the fact that the font family is never passed to the Formatted Text object correctly. Size and color seem to work fine.

This is odd, because the Formatted Text object will correctly parse the RTF font family data from the Rich Edit object if it is first saved as an external file and then loaded from disk. Therefore, I believe there might be a problem with the Formatted Text Insert String$ action.

Can anyone confirm this, and if so, is there a planned fix?

Thanks in advance.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Formatted Text object bug?

The formatted text object is somewhat on a hold, as it was developped by an external company, and RTF code can become VERY complex. I suggest you use the Rich Edit object that has a much better support of RTF code, and allows printing as well...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[]The formatted text object is somewhat on a hold, as it was developped by an external company, and RTF code can become VERY complex. I suggest you use the Rich Edit object that has a much better support of RTF code, and allows printing as well... [/]

Oh, that's too bad. The reason I'm using Formatted Text is because I need the background of the object to be transparent while still keeping RTF's ability to change the background color for certain words or phrases. I just can't think of another way to achieve this contextual highlighting and still maintain transparency for the non-highlighted text.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the double post, but I've discovered a workaround for those interested.

I crafted a special RTF file by following the RTF spec detailed here: http://www.biblioscape.com/rtf15_spec.htm

It looks like this:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl {\f0\fnil Verdana;}}{\colortbl ;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green255\blue0;}\c f1\f0\fs20 \par }

Within my app, I first load this external file into the Formatted Text object, then pass the same entire RTF header along with the RTF text using Formatted Text's insert string$ action. The text that's inserted looks like this:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl {\f0\fnil Verdana;}}{\colortbl ;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green255\blue0;}\c f1\f0\fs20 This is transparent text... \cb2 and this is highlighted text!\cb0\par

This produces the correct result: highlighted text while still retaining transparency using the correct font.

The only downside to this is that I'm relying on an external file that could be modified to inject unwanted data into my application.