Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DLL Object

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DLL Object

Yeah... I know about that... I'll play around with it a bit and see what I can come up with...

Uhmmm would'nt \| be \\\| ?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[]Uhmmm would'nt \| be \\\| ? [/]
    Depends on the implementation.

If \t is tab, then if you wanted an actual \t then you would do \\t and if you wanted \\t then you would do \\\\t. However, this is because \ is used as a special character and an escape character in many regex implementations, but in your case it won't be.

Your implementation will be more like $ variables used in Perl strings: $bob is the variable bob, but \$bob is the string "$bob", and \\$bob is the string "\$bob".

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh.. Sorry error in my brain...Of course that's what it's like... -_-

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok.. played around with the CallDll object and that have more issues than my object so I think I'll be fine ^^
    Don't care about the "Wrong number of arguments" issue any more then!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daniel in you actions you will need an "reset all errors" and/or "clear first error off heap"

Working with files your bound to generate an error here and there occasionally.

Also it may be handy to include functionality to register and unregister dll's. So that activeX/Com's can be registered internally.

You may also consider returning and setting a special type called pointer (really a long string). That way you could remember and pass pointers to other dlls. You could also consider using a stack or internal arrary, for multiple pointers and pass pointers to dlls. This would make the extension much more powerful. A few other expressions like size of pointer would be good as well.

regards

Joe.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you are saying sounds interesting..

The "On Error" Condition is only triggered when an error occurs so there's no need to clear errors in any way...

The extension has Load and Unload actions...

Hope this is sounds ok...

by pointers, do you mean the possibility to load a dll, do some stuff with it, save some pointers, unload it, load a new dll, and then use the pointers for that one?

Added the possibility to call a function from an expression....looks like this:

[:"blue"]Reset$[/]( [:"#000088"]"DLL Object"[/] ) + [:"blue"]AddFloat$[/]( [:"#000088"]"DLL Object"[/], [:"red"]4.3[/]) + [:"blue"]Str$[/]([:"blue"]ReturnFloat[/]( [:"#000088"]"DLL Object"[/], [:"#000088"]"test"[/]))

This function takes a float as an argument and returns a float which is converted into a string since this is outputted in a string object... If you want more info on this.. let me know

Cheers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I suggest the error clear is because you can then better handle errors.

Having an "on error" event only is ok but it pretty weak IMHO. Its one of the problems with MMF actually, there is no way in many instances to trap errors and to control them effectively.

To make a good error handling routine needs at least a condition, a expression(number and string is best practice) and 2 actions for best practice. For an error during edition time I even recomend generating a log or dump file.

So when an extension throws an error (exception) you can generate a error stack. The user of your extension can then access the stack and retrieve the errors generated. Best practise is that an error stack isn't cleared unless it has been done by the user. However to prevent overflow of the stack you could limit it to 16,32,256 entries.

So when an on error condition occurs the programmer can have a popup routine that get the error number, gets a brief string and prints them out and clears the error off the stack.

Then if another error is present the process can be repeated.

This makes developes using the extension better understand what they are doing correctly and incorrectly.

Say for example developer passes a value to the extension in the form of an interger and the interger is 10 digits. The extension could probably only handle only up to 32K interger number, which of course would generate an error. This error could be used to debug the application by the developer.

regards,

Joe.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said... the condition is only triggered so what you just said can already be done

OnError
    - Do Popup

Simple as that...

As far as generating a log or dump file I don't even know why I should nor where to start...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is a suggestion

instead of doing

Set Argument to Integer ( argNum, data )

do it

Add Argument to Integer ( data )

and simply stack em.

Add Argument to Integer ( data ) <- ends up in arg 1
    Add Argument to String ( data ) <- ends up in arg 2

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No!.. Not effective... What if you want to call the same funciton over and over and only change one parameter...

For an inventory or something like that...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast