User Tag List

Thread: Roadmap for MMF2?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roadmap for MMF2?

First off, Im loving MMF2 so far, Im an old school 'Klicker' who has returned after a five years of being afk with my first child.

I have researched the current crop of tools that are out there and STILL find MMF to be the easiest for a person like myself to accomplish anything worthwhile (Im an artist & my brain stumbles when it comes to 'hard-core code').

My question involves the DirectX support in MMF2.
    It seems MMF2 lies in some grey area of support of DirectX.

I KNOW DirectX can improve performance on certain games/apps, but I am confused on exactly what parts of DirectX MMF utilizes.

I suspect there is not a 'full' integration w/DirectX, I could understand the reluctance to NOT tie MMF to close to DirectX in order to remain platform independant, BUT, there seem to be no plans for a Mac or Linux runtime.

Could somebody 'In the know' shed some light on this subject?

I have read somewhere that MMF does not tap into the acceleration of vid cards, Im very curious as to why this is since even low budget cards offer some sort of acceleration nowadays.

(Im struggling with doing a decent smoke effect in my current game. 640x480 res, multiple layers, and adding a ton of semi-transparent sprites is not playing nice with my framerate.)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Roadmap for MMF2?

"In the know"

Thats really only Yves and Francois. So not a lot of people to choose from and anything you hear from other people would be rumor and speculation.

MMF2/TGF2 is constantly being worked on and improved and I think you will enjoy some of the improvements coming up next year. Sorry I can not go into it but it does address some of the issues you raised in your post.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take note of this topic - that sounds rather exciting.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As the history of Clickteam and our products goes, we have done everything we can to keep Clicking going forward and we want to continue to do that every step of the way into the future.

While we may take more time to accomplish the growth of the products than some are comfortable with, we have every plan and intention to expand and grow this wonderful line of products. My impression is that we are going to see a lot of exciting improvements along the way.

These are some exciting times for this software. Adding new features is now easier for our programmers and I am already seeing new items coming up that will prove how consistently progress can be made these days.

MMF2 has been a giant leap and it is full of momentum now.