Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactics move without Extensions

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics move without Extensions

I am currently at fiddling around with building a tactics engine. There was an example in the old file archives for MMF 1.5 called TacticsMove_withSelection_qualifier. Wasn't able to port it to MMF2. It crashed when clicking at Hero. So i started this one.

These are the first steps. See attachment. Will update it when i have next stuff implemented. Currently you can select a hero and set it to another location in range. It doesn`t use any extension. Just Actives and counters. Code is commented. MMF2

Attached files Attached files

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tactics move without Extensions

Good work and thanks to share.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really great, but could you add different terrain settings, eg. half the speed of movement and such?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am planning to create a fully working tactics engine to share. Enemy AI part will be the hardest part, and is surely one of the last chapters. Let's have a look how far i can push it

This file is just the first chapter. Just rangecalculating and placing the sprite inside the range. More is in progress. Currently fiddling with action range. Like attack and healingrange. May need some days or even weeks though before i have this stuff sorted. Here i may need the first fastloops to nail things together. Will also post it when it works as thought.

Half the speed means smaller range. You can still do that. Just create another group of those "area to reach ... " ones, have a look for the counter events, and reduce it to your needs. The events to control it then, which means to activate this smaller range group, is another chapter. Have to do some experiments with my grid dots therefore. They are my sensors for everything rangesided. I am anyway at planning to implement higher areas, so i can also have a look for swamp or water areas where the movement range has to be smaller ...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG!!!! O.O this is the example ive looked for years! Thanks you very much !

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, I remeber trying this out with Corentin and Rushino.
    I'll check it out latter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some changings. No more different groups for different ranges. One group to calculate the range. And a counter to define the range for the different heroes.
    I also added an open end to enter the action mode which follows now. The added enemie is just a dummie. Enemie AI is one of the last chapters as told. First the other stuff has to work.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know but for a multiplayer checker game like Final fantasy tactic... its a very good start and most of the work are done here.. but for AI its going to be very difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's indeed one of the weak sides of my engine. It uses sensor objects. And big levels may be a problem, performancewise. Because lots of actives are in use then. For this size it should work though. Nowadays state of the art PC's should be able to handle it. Should even work with 1024x768. Everything bigger, or even with scrolling: better not :P

For difficult AI, well, every a bit more advanced AI is difficult. This sensor system makes AI more easy to implement though. No complex calculations. Most of the events is checking for overlapping. I would get nuts by coding it with array, grid and pathfinding object like it was in the other example. I even haven't understand how it works

With my way i am at a good track. I don't see any big hurdles for now. Today i have implemented attacking enemies for own units. Will have a look to upload it tomorrow. Some fine tweaking ...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Tiles,

I like your Tactics movement system. And, I have a few things that could be improved upon, as well. I updated a few events and stuff on your file so that things work better/easier. For instance, instead of having a separate event for clicking on each different hero, I simply put the different hero objects into one group. And, if you click on an object in that group, it retrieves the AV1, named MoveRange, of the object that you clicked on, which is set to that object's movement range. Also, with it set up this way, you could have an enemy use some sort of thing which could lower the movement of a specific hero, without altering the movement of another hero.

A really cool change I made is that I fixed the thing where the range was actually two less than the counter. So, all you have to do to set up an object's range is go to their square's MoveRange value (on the frame editor: for example, there's a blue square and pink square), and set that to how many spaces that square's respective character is allowed to travel. There's some other changes in the file as well. You'll just have to check it out and see. [grin]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast