User Tag List

Thread: Active Picture...Animations?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Active Picture...Animations?

Is there a feasible non-slow way to enjoy all the benefits of using the Active Picture object with external pictures for your Active (picture) object needs, and still have animations?

Because I love having things like this external (see SmileyHouse's Data folder if you need proof of this), but I've never tried to do animations like that, and I'd like to.

The best I can think of it to use the AP's AltValA as a counter for the current frame and then do like:
    Every .7 Sec: Change picture to "Bla"+AltValA+".png"

Has anyone done something like this or has a better idea? I'm mostly worried about performance.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Active Picture...Animations?

In Build 243 of MMF2 you can load an image and make it a frame of animation for an active object. But, as with the replace colour facility, it will apply to all instances so it isn't good for everything. You can also use the text blitter object for animation, or even the overlay object linked with active overlay (although more recent versions of MMF2 seem buggy when it comes to active overlay).
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"In Build 243 of MMF2 you can load an image and make it a frame of animation for an active object. But, as with the replace colour facility, it will apply to all instances so it isn't good for everything."

OK, this sounds interesting, but wouldn't be useful in my case, I think. I'm trying to use one Active Picture object for a variety of similar things. For example, a Player object, so he can use different outfits, like how it was done in SmileyHouse, basically. But there would be many different players, using different instances of the same Player object.
    So if when one player changes his looks, if all players look like that player...that'd be very silly.

However. Say I had a finite amount of "looks"/animations. Take for example, monsters. You're saying I could do those animations externally this way, because right now it's just one object with many animations, one for each monster.

*disappears into fog of thought*

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code6
    However. Say I had a finite amount of "looks"/animations. Take for example, monsters. You're saying I could do those animations externally this way, because right now it's just one object with many animations, one for each monster.
    So long as you don't need to mess with the amount of frames or speed or anything, that'd work.

Oh, and don't forget about the Animation object.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, yes. My three options seem to point to using the Animation Object, which I had completely overlooked. Thanks for pointing that out.

The most robust method seemed to be to use the Active Picture object, since I'd rather not have a specific amount of frames. It's not very...customizable that way. ^_^

Now, all I need is a great program that I can easily make GIF animations with. I think I will go with Jasc GIF animator.... or whatever it was called *investigates*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wah.... Why doesn't the Animation Object support Linking the object's Direction to the Rotation of the animation. In fact, you can't rotate the animation at all...

Come on, even active objects can be rotated now. Please add this feature.

Until then, I guess I'll stick to using a sequence of pictures and loading them up with the Active Picture object.