User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Long time problem. Jump to next lvl nvr works.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time problem. Jump to next lvl nvr works.

Hi, this is a long time issue I've run into with MMF [all versions] it seems that whenever you make a complicated game idea say an engine with a decent amount of stuff happening, MMF fails to jump to multiple levels within the same application.

It works fine loading that first level but never seems to be able to handle jumping to the next level or back and forth. Can MMF handle multiple complex frames? Or are we limited to one Large complex frame, with no jump arounds.

MMF works fine jumping around with very simple levels, but anything over say 500 objects constant, and an active events list in the frame, and it seems mMF just drops out when in test mode, with no error message or anything.

Could this be a memory issue?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Long time problem. Jump to next lvl nvr works.

Sorry, but I haven't experienced what you are talking about. Maybe you could post an example?
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Jostek.

I can't really give an example because it's a through development process. Eventually [always] I hit an issue with MMF where the game needs to jump to another level, usually levels that have little to no events or action happening work fine jumping from level to level, say a very simple platformer, but when you do something on a commercial scale with a hefty amount of events and active objects existing in the levels, MMF does not seem to want to load to the next level.

I could make something really simple right now and it will jump back nad forth between levels all day, but once the levels become heavy, say 30 or more megabytes each, mmf seems to have trouble.

Have you made anything complex? ->with heavy active objects say 300 or more active objects in play area?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't say I've ever experienced this problem either, and I'm fairly certain that the frames in my latest project were up to your complexity standards.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Long shot: I believe that MMF2 doesn't jump frames straight away and instead sets a flag to do it later. It might be possible that an event or action might be able to make MMF2 forget its "to do list".

Sidenote: Make sure you are using build 243, as I know a bug relating to changing frames was fixed.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that when I have music or something playing in the next level it takes a bit to load so maybe its just loading and might take awhile with that much stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Joshtek--
    Ah now we are getting somewhere! This flagging of a to do list!! Could this be caused by too much happening in a frame at once?

This sounds like my problems.

Where can we get an "MMF 2.0 Chiltons Guide" if you get my meaning...

MMF has come lightyears in what it is, but I always feel slightly blinded working in it.

Has clickteam every thought about selling an MMF 2.0 "Under the hood" technical manual for MMF? I'd pay almost as much for that as I did for MMF dev. itself. It would be worth it to me.

I'm fully up to date on the builds and it did fix that issue of frame ordering. [cool]

@David N--
    Your talking about your latest game? Agent?
    I've played it. It's very good, but you see it's quiet, if you know what I mean, everything happens in a nice clean fashion. It's kind of like a Point and Click game. I think my approach might be my problem, but if the computer isn't exploding and flashing, i'm not satisfied.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 00J
    @Joshtek--
    Ah now we are getting somewhere! This flagging of a to do list!! Could this be caused by too much happening in a frame at once?

This sounds like my problems.
    This problem sound to me, is more to do with coding style. I suspect it may have more to with process not being finished before an end of frame is called.

Remember red events have to happen first, if enough red events are occurring, or the cpu is tied up dealing with lots of object, the code that terminates the process to trigger the end of frame may never be reached or fired. I suggest you drop an edit box on the frame, and after the action next frame occurs write a message to the edit box saying action fired. Then you can be certain that the condition is being meet. In my experience sometimes the condition isn't being meet, which could be the bug.

If you are getting a fire condition and the text is appearing, you may need to terminate all loops in the frame, then start destroying all objects, especially moving objects and object which can lock process treads.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00J
    Where can we get an "MMF 2.0 Chiltons Guide" if you get my meaning...

MMF has come lightyears in what it is, but I always feel slightly blinded working in it.

Has clickteam every thought about selling an MMF 2.0 "Under the hood" technical manual for MMF? I'd pay almost as much for that as I did for MMF dev. itself. It would be worth it to me.
    Eh, I know of a better technical manual, its Called the ClickWiki. It blows the "under the hood" manual out of the water cos its constantly being updated, and pools on everybody knowledge.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also check out Getting The Most of MMF: The Runtime Engine in the tutorials section of the CT site.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you using non-Clickteam extensions? Maybe you could remove them to see if it changes something. I created large frames with tons of objects/events and never had similar problems. I avoid third party extensions whenever possible, because of bad experiences in the past (no frame-jump-problems at all).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast