User Tag List

Thread: MMF 2 - Object Interface Question

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF 2 - Object Interface Question

I have a question I hope someone can help me with. Let's say I have an combo dropdown object on my form with the options of selecting "Yes", "No", "Maybe". I run the program and I select "Yes".

Event to be something like: If combo box edit text has changed and text of combo box is "Yes" then
    do something.

So this event will only fire if the text changes and if the change was to make it "Yes".

I can create the first action of "Has Text value changed" for the combo box with no problem. But when I try to add "Is text = "Yes" there is no option for getting the text.

Why is the interface different for the action and the condition when referencing the object in the event editor???? I mean you have to look sometime three or four places. You may need to check the action set of options, the condition set of options, and the the expression calculator set of options.

Should not the interface set of options be the same no matter where you are at????

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MMF 2 - Object Interface Question

Not really, otherwise you'd have actions, conditions and expressions that were exactly the same. A condition checks the state of a specific object, an expression allows you to retrieve a value from the object (for your "is text == 'yes'" problem above, use "Compare two general values" in the Special object) and actions affect the variables or properties of an object in some way.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MMF 2 - Object Interface Question

I don't know. It seems some objects allow you to get a value from an object in the action area and some don't. It just seems inconsistent.

Would not having a well defined object interface that could be accessed from action, condition, or the expression calculator
    be easier?