User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Request] Extension Pack

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Request] Extension Pack

Okay, people will probably want to flame me for this, but isn't anybody up to the task of making a pack of all the extensions released so far? My computer just went dud so I'm using my laptop to continue my project.

I wouldn't mind downloading all the individual extensions if my time on the Internet wasn't so limited. I usually only get an hour online every couple of days, which some could argue is enough, but I have so much to do in that time.

You all know we need a big, fat extension pack every month.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: [Request] Extension Pack

While the idea is nice, some individual extension developers don't like it. If you just install them all in one huge pack you don't get to read the extension license (if there is one) and you don't get to read the release notes (with important info about the current build) as well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't they just include all of the licenses in the installer, with an "I agree" checkbox? I think that would solve it. Though, I see where you're coming from.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but I think a lot of individual developers will not be agree for this kind of pack.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but you can't stop someone from making their own compilation of the extensions, It would probably be classed as piracy if said person thought they would distribute said extension pack.

If I end up scrapping my current image I'll backup mmf2 before I do this then plonk it back down after installing from the cd.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can do what you want for your privacy use but you can't distribute your private extensions pack without the permission of all extensions developers...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I can see the convenience of having all of the extensions in a single package, I have to side with the developers on this one. They are the ones putting in the hours making the extensions for us to use them. Thanks by the way. Also, as soon as a "package" is made, it will soon be out of date. Who's job is it to keep track of the latest "package" and make sure that it is updated?
    Steve

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better than a single executable pack, it might be preferable to build a program that just crawls the main Extension Websites, pulls off the download links, checks it against already installed extensions and downloads them one after the other.

The app could then simply list all downloaded files with the option to run/execute them (so zips open in the default handler, and exes just run). That would take far longer to install, but not as long as finding and downloading them by yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the same problem if extensions are not installed like developers want (with the original zip ou setup)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it work if MMF handled extensions the same way Firefox does? Just have a standard interface for installations/updates, licenses, release notes, trial versions, examples, etc. built into MMF itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast