User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New MMF2 Add-On Obtainer, Easily Obtain Extensions

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New MMF2 Add-On Obtainer, Easily Obtain Extens

Sphax is a bad guy.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How come?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the Overlay Redux would bring us to Matts page but I could never find the Overlay Redux on it... but I don't think it's a problem with the obtainer itself.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overlay object in Matts page exist but is not the version 4.0 how is specified in Obtainer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good catch! For some reason, when I downloaded Matt's Overlay object, the file-version claimed to be 4.00, but I just double checked, and the newest version is now 3.06, as was pointed out.

I fixed this in the master list, as well as getting rid of the Gwerdy Movement Pack, which is now included in official patches, and therefore no longer needed as a separate download.

Also, note that the auto-update only checks once a day. So if you just read this post 5 minutes after I wrote it, and you ran MMF2 Add-On Manager earlier today, use the Help->Check for Updates feature to get the new master database before tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey!

Just tried this program and I think it is very good and exactly the sort of thing that should of been done a long time ago. Well done for doing it and I really hope you keep maintaining it.

Actually, speaking of that, a date when the database was last updated (on the server’s side) would be useful, so you know when it is dead.

I've been trying it on a computer without MMF on it, which might be related to the problem, but it asked me where MMF was installed a lot, which annoyed me. Maybe it would usually auto-detect it or something? In addition the "x" button doesn't close the window.

Also I thought the user interface could be improved, especially when you just launch it (that is, the main screen before you enter the manager). It was really ugly and not obvious.

Filtering the list should be possible in both the program and on the website. The website list really needs improving as it is just a list right now. I know the program itself does the job better but still... (Also I really don't get how handcuffs represent "Open source". Have a key and an alt text and make the background transparent at least)

For open source extensions, it would be nice if the source code was included, too.

I hope the specification for the MMF2AO format has been made public, and in addition I hope that once you have improved the program a little bit more you release the code to it. Open is better.

Double clicking an extension should show you the details. There should be right-click menus. "Install All" is initially disabled for no reason. The window should be resizable. The "file" menu is not very user-friendly. "Open MMF2AO" and "Open MMF2AODB" are horrible titles! "Open" and "Select Database" (or whatever exactly it does) would be better.

For the database, I should just point out that "Jax" and "Jack Webster" are the same person (me). Also both of those extensions listed there are open-source whilst only one is listed as such. (Not a big issue as those extensions are very simple and I suspect rarely used!)

As for extension developers not allowing their extensions to be distributed in this manor: I really think you should each make exceptions for this cause (you do not need to change the licence for this, just tell Code6 you are cool with it). If you won't do this, think why you are not allowing it. I suspect the reason would be "because I made it and I can do what I like". If this is so, think how bad a reason that is - you are causingc this program to be less useful than it could be.

Anyway, so this post seems like a load of complaints, and I suppose it is, but that is only because I think this is an awesome program and I think it deserves to be perfected.

I thought I had more to say but I've forgotten it now.

(Oh yeah: The installer shouldn't put it in "Puchisoft" in the start menu. It just makes it harder to find without any real advantage)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For open source extensions, it would be nice if the source code was included, too.
    The average MMF user isn't going to want the source though..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No but it will prevent it just disappearing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made this to test the system:
    mmf2ao://cancelbot.xinok.net/awesome_obj.mmf2ao
    (The extension isn't as good as the name might imply)

It was alright but when you drag and drop the MFX file on, have a proper dialog or automatically make it add both (the latter is better). I didn't read the dialog first time and just clicked "Yes" and it took me a moment to see what was going on.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New MMF2 Add-On Obtainer, Easily Obtain Extensions

Hey Code6, good work yet again. I can't understand why people making extensions wouldn't ask you to host a mmf2ao file, let alone why they'd specifically ask you not to include it as it saves everyone so much time installing extensions.

Although am i right in thinking thereis no way (at the moment) to have the user agree to a license for the extension? As this could likely be the reason some people aren't using it, and therefore it might be an idea to add that, even if it does bump filesize a little.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast