User Tag List

Thread: I need help with making MMORPG

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help with making MMORPG

When ever i try making an MMORPG. It always ends up with only 2 players visible at a time .

Does anyone have an example file to help me? and can someone explain to me what im doing wrong.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I need help with making MMORPG

It would help if you were to provide an example of what you are currently doing.

Really an MMORPG is a quite complex game to develop and it is probally a better idea to start off making simpler games first.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an MMF1.5 example, which also works in MMF2. Check http://www.puchisoft.com/MMFOnline

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks. Here is what i had made so far anyway.

http://www.freewebs.com/pointblank07/client.mfa
    http://www.freewebs.com/pointblank07/server.mfa

Move- arrow keys
    shoot- control
    :S only you and the player that last moved is visible. I think ill take a look at your example and try again. (Open 3 clients to see the bug)

EDIT:
    LMAO i just tried to do it again copying all the basic stuff from your example. Saving player positions works fine aswell as login. BUT when u have 3 clients up you can only see yourself + the last person to move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yes.

Getting 3 players to work in an online game is the first HUGELY difficult thing about making an online. I would almost say it is the worst.

You will need to know everything you can about MMF2's quirts and it's silliness when it comes to object selection.

There is an article on this. Read it, and then read it again.

I'm sorry that my "Follow the Leader Movement" example doesn't work in MMF2. I used the String Parser1.

I feel encouraged to remake(or at least port) some of these fine examples in/to MMF2.

I'll get back to you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt agree

If you make it well (all server side) then 1 player is the same as 10 players and there is no difference in difficulty.

All you have to do is: On the server side there has to be an array. If player connects, he is added to array, if he disconnects, he is removed. When new player joins, server will loop through array and send all other players data from array to him. No crap like User: On join or User is here. Thats the first point..

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, and also make sure, when the client receives data about a player from the server, it has to effect the intended instance of the right object. This is one of the first hurdles youll face i agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blizna, you forget, this guy is not doing things all server side. As much as I'm a huge fan of this, you have to admit: When you make your first multiplayer game, it's not going to be all server-side and uber-tight on security.

Yes, server-side is great, but it's not something you want to get into for your first project, I feel.
    It's a ladder, take one step at a time. Don't just jump up to the top, cause you will probably fall. Or some metaphor like that. haha

Also, and this might be a bit controversial considering my stance in the past, I believe server-side is not ALWAYS the best solution, but let's take this discussion out of a thread about how to get 3 people movement working. hehe