Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Working the Password Function in MMF2

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working the Password Function in MMF2

Hi, everybody. I need help; I'm making an RPG game where you have to explore to find special 3-digit codes, then at the end of the game, you have to put all the codes together to access the boss battle. So I figured that when you type in the codes in the Frame Editor's "Password" Box, that when you start that frame, it'll ask you for a password. But it just keeps moving along. Can someone please help me? And if possible, could someone tell me how to make it so that(Since it's RPG) when you exit a certain area, you appear outside the area instead of the beginning of the frame. Thanx.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Working the Password Function in MMF2

"Password" is used to provide a password that jumps instantly to that frame (through the Password option on the default menu), rather than preventing access to that frame.

I would write a custom "Enter a password" frame that uses an Edit box (use Compare Two General Values in the Special object to retrieve its text and compare it with the correct password).

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, then, let me try that...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm...I did the 'Compare to two general Values', then for the first box retrieved the data from 'Edit Box Object' to get text, then I assumed that in the second box you put the password, but I keep getting an error message that says "Make sure both values are of same kind: numeric or alphanumeric", and I don't know what to do now.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, nevermind, I got it. I just made it Val(Code), so now when you enter the right code, it goes to the next frame. Thanx for your help.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You actually don't have to use the value function. The easiest way is to simply put "" around your text. This is so that the computer recognizes it as text and not a command.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if your eyes are bleeding because of all my replies, but while we're on the subject can someone help me with the other question? I don't like it when you finish a level and start all the way at the beginning of the over 20,000 width frame. Like when you are in a desert and click on something to activate a minigame, and you go to another frame, then we you come back you start all over at the beginning. Is there a way to make it possible that you start right where you went to the other frame?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, save the X and Y co-ordinates of the player in global values, and on the start of the frame, restore them from those by setting the player's X and Y co-ordinates to their values.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would need to be amended a bit, that event, because if you used it, on the very first time you enter the Desert frame the position of the player would probably be set at 0,0

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but it's not really a Desert Frame, it's one giant frame that has different sections.(Just some creativity)One area of the frame is a village, then far away in a different area it's a swamp, etc. Like for example: There's a part where if you click on this object in the desert-area, you go to a separat level and a separate frame. After you complete that level, I made it jump to the Main Level frame.(What I call the big RPG level) But you always start at the very beginning. I've tried using a score object off-screen to where when you enter that level from the desert, the score is set to one. Then, in the Main Level, I could have it where if the score equals one, then set the position of the character to the spot where you exited the Main Level. The only problem with that is that I have another score counter that displays your ammo, so that would be altered along with the one off-screen. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast