User Tag List

Thread: Random dungeon/maze generator, plz?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random dungeon/maze generator, plz?

Is there a way I can make this with TGF2? Like have a system that randomly generates mazes and labyrinths with pathways and everything?

I know how I could kinda slap one together by randomly placing blocks down, but it would probably have a lot of dead ends and closed off spaces. The mazes don't necessarily need to have an end-point that you have to reach, but it'd be preferable.

Oh btw, I currently only have the demo version of TGF2 so I don't have any extensions or add-ons.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Random dungeon/maze generator, plz?

It is possible but it would be easier with MMF 2... I would research maze algorithm and try to implement one such as:

Maze Works I implemented this algorithm in C++ before and it works fairly well .

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm that link might be useful. But what makes it easier in MMF2?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xinok made a random puzzle game in MMF 1.5
    Version 3 Open Source : http://www.clickteam.com/CTforum/showthreaded.php3?Cat=&Board=upload&Number=226646& page=&view=&sb=&o=
    Version 4 : http://www.clickteam.com/CTforum/showthreaded.php3?Cat=&Board=ct&Number=254323&page =&view=&sb=&o=

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I can't really afford MMF2 at the moment, nor can I wait for it to come in the mail, and the builds apparently don't work with demo versions.

Anyway I should also note, on the concept of "perfect mazes", my mazes don't really need to be perfect in any way, actually wouldn't even be defined as mazes. I just need completely random dungeons.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well obviously you would need to put additional work into it to make it suite your own purpose but the general principles outlined there would help you to avoid making dead ends and closed off spaces..

MMF 2 makes the situation much easier as the pathfinding object can generate a maze. In TGF 2 your best bet would be to use an array and write the code to create the maze and then write more code to draw the array to the screen. It would be a lot of work though..

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think I know what I need to do judging from that thing it that MazeWorks link. It says to use an array to store all the data about an object.

After playing around with arrays, I think what I can do is use a 3-dimensional array to store all the data. X dimension will store the current X-position, Y dimension for the Y-position, and then Z dimension will store the different pieces of data needed.

Example: Position (1,2) on the grid refers to XY-index (1,2), and in each point, the "16 pieces of data" are stored in 16 different Z-indexes in that XY-index.

Actually, I don't even need the Backtrack or Solution data because I'm gonna solve this on my own, so I really only need 8 pieces of data.

For me this process could actually be fairly simple to do, but unforntunately I only got about 10 days left on the trial period, so I guess I either gotta hussle on this, or order it. And obviously, if I rush this, I'm more prone to mistakes.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay I made it! Works great, fit the definition of perfect mazes. Where can I post it?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The File Archive, the forum below this one - I'm quite interested to see this!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well hang on there's still a bunch of glitches, majorly one that causes the app to go into infinite loops and crash. I made that counter to try and track how many are left, but it can't do it accurately.

EDIT: Okay all debugged I guess.