User Tag List

Thread: Sum (multiple alt values, multiple objects)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sum (multiple alt values, multiple objects)

Excuse me, I have been using Multimedia Fusion 2 (currently with Build #244), just for about two months or so. The game I'm working on these days, have a frame with several objects and around 200 lines of events.

The problem I have is on an event that "compare two general values", such values are coming from alterable values located in two (2) different objects. In any result of the comparison the action is calculating a formula that will retrieve about 6 alterable values from different objects (mainly list objects), and calculate an average of those values to show it later as % in an string object.

Well, as I was saying the problem is that apparently MMF2 sometimes is not calculating the formula, and sometimes it does. I was running some testing on this and appears to be a problem in reading the alterable values out of the objects. I don't know if this is due to that famous sacrifice of events that I read in the "clickwiki.info".

At first time I though that it was due to all these events running at the same time, then I created groups of events and ensure that each group will be activated and desactivate at a time, so that MMF2 just read small bit of code each time, trying to save memory I guess. None of this appears to work.

is it the result of a bug? or should I do something different? believe me, I have tried many options and I don't see a solution. How many events and or objects can MMF2 support in one frame during runtime?

Thanks

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Sum (multiple alt values, multiple objects)

I think it is much more likely to be your code than a bug. Try reading How the runtime works in relation to multiple instances, MMF Runtime, Object Selection and Fastloops and Midpoint scrolling.

How many events and or objects can MMF2 support in one frame during runtime?
    Read MMF2 Limitations in Numbers.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks again Joshtek,

I tested again my coding and I found that the problem is in the expression where I try to obtain an average of the different alterable values. For example:

If I run the following:

((Alterable value a)+ ((alterable value B)/4)+(alterable value c))/3

MMF2 sometimes calculates that expression, sometimes doesn't.

Then I try as follows:

((Alterable value a)+ (alterable value B)+(alterable value c))/3

and get the same problem (sometimes run, sometimes doesn't)

Finally to ensure that the problem is the average (and/or just dividing inside of a sum), I run the following:

(Alterable value a)+ (alterable value B)+(alterable value c)

and this time, no problems at all.

So, apparently is due to mixing sums and divisions in a single expresion using alterable values. Tomorrow I will test using just numbers (rather than alterable values) to see if i get the same error.

Thanks

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Try dividing by 3.0 instead of by 3.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much, that solved the problem (it was a matter of how the expression was reading the interger that i was using then)...I appreciatte all the help.