User Tag List

Thread: [Request] Xbox 360 controller vibration support

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Request] Xbox 360 controller vibration support

I often try to make sure my games can be controlled with both a keyboard and a gamepad. The gamepad I always use is the Xbox 360 controller, which can also be used on PCs by simply installing some drivers and plugging the controller in a USB port.
    I can read all of the controller input perfectly in MMF2, using the Joypad object. But I was thinking it would also be nice to have some output; namely rumble/vibration. So I was wondering if someone would like to make an extension that can do this.

I can't imagine this being very hard to make, but I might be dead wrong due to my complete lack of knowledge on extension building. After some quick research I found out that in Windows, vibration for this controller is handled through the XInput API. Not sure if that helps, but whatever

Thanks in advance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Request] Xbox 360 controller vibration suppor

I think a generic rumble pad extension would be cool.
    I installed drivers for my PS2 converter and low and behold, some games I played where rumble enabled. This would be controlled through the DirecX controller API more than the xbox controller though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes it would be a cool extension, but a short-term fix would be to use the DLL object (if it is in MMF 2) or activeX and find the right location and name of the directx dll for joypads, google it and find what will start the rumble

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just of curioisty, are you even able to read the analogue sensitivity? Never used gamepads but this is most interesting.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Just of curioisty, are you even able to read the analogue sensitivity?"
    Yep, IL2 (plane game) allows this, also from before i screwed up my xbox, i compiled a program in the K and tried it (it showed you all info about controller, out of a value of 255 how much the button was in, it also allowed you to vibrate the control pad at various speeds)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm, this is working in MMF2..? If it can be done in MMF2, I'm getting a 360 pad very soon. Vibration would be nice though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is possible to control the rumble pack in MMF2? He would be brilliant.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would be possible for a wii controller. if any one has one of those and blue tooth computer you can download glove pie. (little off topic)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can the vibration be controlled with MMF2?
    Does the extension that enables it exist?