Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Using Blender With MMF2?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Blender With MMF2?

Hey, I'm using Blender as my 3d graphics renderer and it saves images as a defualt as a .blend file. However I can change it to an .obj object file but MMF2 still doesn't read it. Whenever I try to use the extensions for MMF2 (particularly the 3d mesh one) it just says that MMF2 has generated problems and will be closed by explorer. If I try to import the image as a .obj file it says that it's not recognized. I therefore need to know 1 of 2 things. Either what kinds of files can MMF2 handle or 2) Why isn't the 3d mesh working (my computer doesn't have a 3d graphics card) and is it fixable. Thanks for anyone that can help. My game production will be paused until this problem can be resolved.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using Blender With MMF2?

Yay! Another fellow Blender user.

You could look at the 3d mesh object documentation. You'll find it in the MMF/Help/3dmesh folder, or something like that.

The 3d mesh object is only objects. They don't really interact with each other. If you are trying to make a 3d game, well... MMF2 is NOT the tool for you. Actually... there is a 3d extension being developed which uses the irrlicht engine (which is good), except we haven't had much of a progress update on that in a LOOOONNNNGGG time, so either the guy just doesn't talk much, or the object has been abandoned. Unfortunately, I think it might be the latter. Be we can always hope right?

EDIT: Just a thought, you're not renaming the file from .blend to .obj are you? That'd never work.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to save it as *.X. I had some sucess with it. But most of the times it fails. That's why i dropped the 3D Mesh object. As LazyCoder has pointed out: the 3D Mesh Object isn't really useful to create games with it at all. It is basically just a viewer.

Problem with all the 3D formats: there are lots of derivates around. X comes in several flavours with various settings. And so does OBJ. Now go figure what settings you need, and if you are lucky enough that your render software outputs the needed derivate format

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blender outputs to most major formats fortunately.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help, but if MMF2 doesn't work with making 3dish games then what game maker is? By the way I just want the ships that I'm making to look 3d. In actaulity the whole game will be 2d top to bottom view. The reason I have to use blender is because I have an incredibly hard time making ships with MMF2 that look more then as if some 4 grader drew them and colored them all preety with orange, red, and yellow, thus Blender. Any other game creator suggestions would be greatly helpful, as long as they dont require a 3d graphics card.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and by the way if your good at using Blender LazyCoder could you help me out every now and then? I'm more begginer and would greatly appreciate your help. Just send me a message if you would and I'll give you my contact information.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to have a 3d graphics card to make 3d games, otherwise they're just too slow.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You have to have a 3d graphics card to make 3d games, otherwise they're just too slow."
    Who now-a-days doesnt? Nearly every laptop has an NVidia or ATI card built-in, unless its got an S3 (still does 3D) or an intel (well, your screwed ;p) and nearly every motherboard has on-board GFX the same as laptops. Hell even my servers have on-board 3D cards, 1 has an S4 Trio and the other has an S3

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but my computer is on the ancient side, with little hope of being upgraded soon. Its windows 2000 but all I really want is a game creator that makes a 2d game with 3d looking ships. By the way the type of ships I'm talking about are those like the ones in Ev Nova, which is a kickbutt game so you should try it out. It's not like I need the graphics to be a WOW LOOK AT THOSE SHIPS. But I want them to have shading when they turn and at least LOOK a little 3d. Any suggestions on that?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news, I can expect to get a nice laptop for my birthday that should have the capabilities to do everything I needed to do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast