User Tag List

Thread: Data Grid Object Problems

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Data Grid Object Problems

I have ran into a number of problems with the data grid object.

1. If you remove all rows except the title row (row 0) and try to insert a row it does not work. It try to insert a row above row 0 There needs to be an action added, "Add new row below row 0" or below row x,

Another problem related to this is that if you have only one row being the title row (row 0) and then you have in your code to delete at -2 this will cause the MMF program to stop running with no error messages generated. I know someone will ask about the -2 so the answer is that you need to always keep two rows, title row (row 0) and row 1 available if you plan to "insert a row" because it will insert above row 1. Without row 1 it inserts above row 0 pushing the title row below. So if you are going to delete a number of rows you ckeck to see how many row are displayed in the data grid and you subtract 2. When you are done adding the new number of row you want you then delete the last row.

2. If you set up a data grid and then ask for the row height it
    appears to not provide the right answer, and in the editing of the data grid there is no way to know the initial row height or column width in the dialog panel.

3. Before inserting a row if you do not query the grid and save the row height then the inserted row will not be of the height of the current rows.

4. It would be nice to have an action so you could say delete all rows except row 0.

5. If would be nice to have an action so you could say add x number of rows.

6. If you delete rows and then add rows the alignment for the columns is not maintained. If in the edit dialog you set the alignment to left aligned and then in your code you delete rows and add rows the alignment changes to centered.

I have been getting around the problems but have to use a lot of loops and saving extra coding.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Data Grid Object Problems

OK, I have found one possible fix for inserting rows. When you insert a line or row it will ask for a row number. It will then insert the new line above that row. So if you say row 9 it will insert the new row above row 0 (the column title row). But if you say "-1" the it adds a row at the bottom of the grid. If you have a grid with only a title row (row 0) then you get a row 1 below row 0.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are more problems with the data grid object.

7. If you use the Load Ascii and Save Ascii commands you are not able to define the name of the file at the time you click.

Note: to solve the issue you need to use the Common dialog object. Should just be a part of the Data Grid Options.

8. If you have save to an ascii file the data grid object then when you issue the load command the data grid does not maintain its column widths or line heights.

9. If you the properties of grid set to allow for column and line resize then after issuing a load command they no longer work.

I have add the commands to set editable on, resize line on, resize column on. But after loading I cannot get the object to resize the lines and columns. This appears to be a bug.
    Any suggestions???

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was able to reset the line heights and the column widths after a reload. However this required using counters to track the size of each column and the line height and two "on loop" commands to get it done.

This really need to be available within the data grid object itself.

Still could not fine a way to get past the resize column and resize line not working bug.