User Tag List

Thread: Soccer game

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soccer game

Hello to all. I'm new to the community and, well, pretty new even with MMF2. In the past i enjoyed a lot to build games with Tgf(nothing too compliacated anyway) but i always find some serious problem in making a real soccer games, things like how i could make a player switch, how i could make the IA of my and the cpu players good etc.

So, i see some good works with MMF2, for example Mario Soccer, and i was wondering if somewhere there's some good tutorial on how to build a soccer game, or a editable game whereon pratice.

I apologize for my not perfect English ad i hope this is the right section where to ask

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Soccer game

Well, a soccer game like the one you are suggesting would take a long time to make. I would start off with something basic, like making the ball move soccer like, most likely using bouncing ball movement. There is an example of an air hockey game on http://click.andersriggelsen.dk/examplefiles.php and that has the same principles as a soccer ball motion. For switching between players, you could spread the value and make a counter and when you press a number, set the counter to that number. Then you could compare the alterable value of the player to the counter and if they are equal, set control to that particular player. For a simple AI, you could use bouncing ball and make the players look in the direction of the ball with MMF2's built-in "Look at" function. If you need me to, I can make an example to show the basic concepts of what I am saying.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Well, a soccer game like the one you are suggesting would take a long time to make. I would start off with something basic, like making the ball move soccer like, most likely using bouncing ball movement. There is an example of an air hockey game on http://click.andersriggelsen.dk/examplefiles.php and that has the same principles as a soccer ball motion. For switching between players, you could spread the value and make a counter and when you press a number, set the counter to that number. Then you could compare the alterable value of the player to the counter and if they are equal, set control to that particular player. For a simple AI, you could use bouncing ball and make the players look in the direction of the ball with MMF2's built-in "Look at" function. If you need me to, I can make an example to show the basic concepts of what I am saying.
    Thank you for your advices. Well, i have some ideas on this game(not that i want to compete with Konami or Ea Sports of course ) but i obviously agree that going first on a more basic game is the only way, and i'll try to follow your hints.

For the examples, if you could make it, it would be great for me. Thank you

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a quick example on how to change from person to person using number keys 1-5. This can be applied to custom movements as well.

Example: http://putstuff.putfile.com/96102/3855092

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading your post, I was interested in seeing if I could do something myself.

I've done a basic selection system which finds which player is currently closest to the football, and selects them accordingly.

Take a look here: http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=48476&page=0#Po st48476

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your efforts, guys. Really appreciate here. Now i have something to work on!