I was getting frustrated with the Lua object, so I decided to write my own. It supports, as well as the features of the original Lua object and other things:
* Real function registration, so DoCall("Foo",12) becomes Foo(12)
* Proper argument lists, so you can push multiple arguments and then call the function (instead of delimited lists which are slower and can't use the pipe character)
* Direct access to the stack
* Dynamic number of return values when calling Lua functions
* Threaded function calling
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome. Although this has already gone through private beta testing, it was originally only one evening of work, so expect a few bugs.
http://www.aquadasoft.com/LuaPlus.zip (edit-time build only)
I don't have the source to the original Lua object or anything- this is my own implementation from ground up, so don't expect everything to work exactly the same.
The object also has an "MMF interface", an optional set of functions which provide direct control over MMF and objects. It does not currently export many functions, but I am going to implement any that people request (if possible).
I have also made an MFA which can be used to quickly test the extension. It has a simple layout where you can enter code and test it, reading any errors. It exports a function called CreateExport(Object ID), which creates an object and exports it to the MMF interface.
Thanks in advance for testing this extension!