User Tag List

Thread: Networking help

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Networking help

I need a suggestion of what object is best to use on a network game over two computers. I need a example and a explanation of how it was made. I have tried this before, but the network only goes one way and it was using Direct play on the games factory, and I want to do it on mmf2. Any help is appecitated.

P.S. I was also wondering how I would make in over the internet if possible.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Networking help

I'd recommend MooClick. Please refer to the Video Tutorials and the mooAPI article on ClickWiki. I'd like to make it clear that it is generally regarded that creating online multiplayer games require a fairly advanced level of knowledge.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Networking help

Yes, mooclick is a relatively easy way to make an online game. The best thing is that you get free servers. :P It's really easy to use once you get the hang of it, and it feels good not having to make your own server.

Mooclick, for me, is kinda slow though. My code should be running fast, and I'm not sending thousands of messages (only one message when the direction a player is going in changes.) This kinda defeats my goal of making an action game. I don't know if I should be asking this here, but am I doing something wrong? Or are the free servers just really slow because they are bogged down or something?