User Tag List

Thread: File Object Extension - Web Folder Not Working

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

File Object Extension - Web Folder Not Working

I have tried to use the File Object to select a folder, in this case a web folder I have defined in Vista. In Vista I am able to open the web folder in a explorer like view.

I have found two issues to report about the file object in this regard.

1. You can request to have the file object open a "directory selector" dialog where you can select a directory. However, you must also issue a command to tell the file object to change its "current directory". This is confusing. If you open the directory selector then after clicking OK you would assume the file object would automatically set its "current directory" to the selected directory. It does not.

2. The file object does work with web folders. It allows you to select them and to click OK but thats it. You can tell the file object to make the web folder the "current directory" but it does not.

Perhaps someone else can test these issue also and confirm my findings. I am using Vista as my OS.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Re: File Object Extension - Web Folder Not Working

1. By default the directory is not modified, you have to set an option in the selector options. Select the File Selector / Set Style action and use the File Selector / AllowChangeDir expression.

2. I'll check that, I don't know if we can do something.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Yves.

Additional issue.

In further testing I was able to download an update for web folders in Vista. I then went in and turned on the Webclient service. After that I was able to map a drive letter R: to the web folder and used Microsoft's ToySync and command prompt to ensure the mapped drive worked.

I then ran my MMF2 test app and selected the R:\ web folder from the "open directory" dialog box. The dialog box show it disconnected but it is not. An error message is generated:

An error occured while reconnecting R: to http://www.robertdaniels.net:8070/documents
    Web Client Network: The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated.

The connection has not been restored.

The app then fails to access the R:. I am authenticated because I can switch to Vista and open the R: drive from a command prompt or from Vista Start menu(Start, Computer, R: ) and see the files.

There appears to be some incompatility between the file object and Vista in this regard.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been testing both the file object and the Sphax File Folder object. The Sphax object will list web folder contents but the File object will not at least on Vista.

My problem: I cannot copy or move files from a regular folder, or regular mapped drive, to a web folder using Vista and the MMF2 objects.

Request: I would like to see the Sphax File/Folder object have a file copy and file move command added. OR

Request: I would like to see the File Object updated to be compatible with web folders used by Vista.

I believe this is a Microsoft issue overall. In XP you could map a drive letter to a web folder and work from that. However some type of change taken place. I had to upgrade my Vista system with a Microsoft Web Folder patch and then turn on the Web Folder client that is turned off by default to be able to map a drive letter to a web folder using the Microsoft "Add a Newwork Place" wizard or using the "net use" command.

Lets I use the Microsoft wizard or "net use" command to map an R: drive and it is pointing to the web folder HTTP://www.somedomain.com/webfoldername.

Then, using either a command prompt, the Vista file interface window, or using ToySync (a microsoft product) I am able to access the R: drive.

But several other software packages - including MMF2 File Object - I am unable to access the web folder or the mapped drive. Like I say, I believe Microsoft has made some change that is causing this but they will say other packages have to update knowing them.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll probably have run into the same problem I did when trying to move files accross to my Phone when the phone is using activesync. There is a folder on the windows explorer but if you use the explorer object in MMF2 you just can't make a connection with your own apps.

After mapping the drive in vista does it work if you reboot the machine. I haven't taken the plunge with vista as 3rd parties haven't fully embraced the new OS, I heard a story the other day where a rather reputable ISP in the UK didn't support Vista.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well on reboot you may need to check if the WebClient Service is running. If so you should be able to use the net use command. However, at least with the tree control I have been unable to get it the Explore the mapped drive.

Vista I have found the be OK. Not great but OK. Microsoft has done some funny things with it. I have only had two programs that would not run. Its been fine normally with MMF2.

I have noticed other programs, beside MMF2, have problems with the mapped drive and web folder issue also.