User Tag List

Thread: MMF 2 or 3 Global Event Editor Main Editor.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF 2 or 3 Global Event Editor Main Editor.

Hi, hopefully in the future MMF 2 or 3 will get a frame by frame automatic update to the Main event editor, because you still have to change the main code of your events frame to frame, making it a slower process to build up a game engine, when you think up a new feature, and have to delete a previous frame and clone the frame with the updated code to get it to carry over to the other frames. It would be tremendous if MMF updated itself on a global scale. You could add a feature to set "Groups" as locked out from being updated if you want to omit the Group from being updated with the rest of the frames events.

Most games Professional and indie face a hit or miss strategy most of the time, because after the concept and a good amount of work has gone into a project and an issue arises there are 2 decisions,
    1. Keep the problems and press forward OR kill the idea. This has happened a lot of times in the professional industry.

2. Be able to re-write the code and update without huge problems, other than time issues. Then have the killer idea become a reality.

I think this is why you see games that started out to be brillant concepts turn out to be not so great. It's the don't look back mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MMF 2 or 3 Global Event Editor Main Editor.

This is mainly the problem people complain about in regards to the qualifiers also. Certain things are limited from being made global, if MMF allowed access to "all" events and objects from any frame, this would increase productivity ten fold.

I'm pretty sure other people have this problem also, I build up a game engine to a certain point, then need to tweak it and fine tune the code, at that beta stage, you can't really modify the frames especially if they contain lots of artwork and level design, your stuck within limits to your design, "how much your willing to change your frame".

I think a lot more game idea possibilities would happen if people could at 50% go into a large project and completely remove or edit code which would span the entire applications data.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a request that is never heeded. It makes sense to have just ONE event editor for the whole game that can have qualifiers and all that (that you maybe could divide into sections or pages, if the amount of events on one screen is too many, like seperate events editors, yet still read).

Right now you have to design the whole game on frame 1, and then basically not have a choice to change that if the game gets bigger and bigger without a giant hassle.

And I can imagine doubling the same events every frame is just a waste.

If it's difficult to make qualifiers global now because of older projects, make new KINDS of qualifiers for that! You can't say it's impossible unless you programmed yourselves into a giant corner, considering real programming, which this program is made from, works like this.

It has to be possible, I just want to know why we can't have fully functioning global events?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do clickteam have to be so stubborn about the biggest problem with their program that's also comparatively easy to fix.

Here's the facts, this lack of functionality has murdered many, many larger games made in your software. It's probably caused countless people to give up on you guys and remains the biggest disadvantage compared to using a programming language.

It's currently strangling a large project I'm making which has been stuck in a single frame for YEARS thanks to this

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I echo Konjak's comments. The global events would only apply to one frame at a time anyway, which would mean that the qualifiers in those events would act accordingly. Maybe even set an option in the frame to "ignore global events".

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such an option really does sound like an idea that would solve the problems of any frame not having the normal game on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life would be easier if.

General reply.
    Large App killer. Yes, as much as I'm behind Clickteam! ->Nothing else comes close to perfection as MMF does, in the world of software, and this reply even though it is known and been asked repeatedly, needs mentioning.

There is a saying cliche, not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

or Rome wasn't built in a day.

but

This should be the #1 issue on the drawing boards for MMF 3 or MMF 2.5

IMHO

-Scared off from attempting ambitious projects, I also think a lot of people [experienced] are scared off from attempting serious projects for fear of this eventual dilemma.

A) Do the extra work and delete re-code clone.
    B) Give up start over.

I really do think as everyone in this thread has mentioned that this is a major obstacle to really having a killer app.

I used to say that proper planning could prevent that painting yourself into a corner bit, but actually that would even go against MMF's concept.

Which is the ability to create unhindered.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This better be high up on the wish-list, this would be heaven for my game. Changing the engine in 30 frames isn't fun, and it won't be fun when I reach 60 or 90 either.

I even have most of my engine as global events, but for the local events that are much less well tested I have had to change them 10, 20 times a session on occasion (yeah I should test more first) (These are qualifier related events usually). That takes a while :P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Benicle. I don't want to start a complaint thread, but yes the Main Event editor would push MMF to unbelievable heights.

I know we always want more more more, but I think before anything else this should be addressed first.

Hopefully it is possible, years ago in TGF there was the ability to have Global Events in the Main Event Editor.

Again, I don't remember how many underlying problems this was causing, MMF developed the way it is now for reasons I'm sure.

But then again, Yves and Francois are light years better programmers todday than when they were building KNP, TGF etc.

I'm sure they can figure something out.