User Tag List

Thread: Moogame moving without the arrow keys

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moogame moving without the arrow keys

I'm trying to figure out how to make a character move by clicking on a destination point.

It works fine on the users side. I just have an object created and it goes to the object. I'm trying to figure out how to make it so the other players see it move.

thanks

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Moogame moving without the arrow keys

Just DON'T use mooclick's dead reckoning! (it doesn't work properly!)

There are a few good examples on here, Do a search for a "server side" example, the server controls the movement of the players...(so everyone sees tha same thing)

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a few good examples on here
    Are there?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocodrilo
    There are a few good examples on here
    Are there?
    There ONE example of a server-based online movement (you click with the mouse, it moves there) It didn't work well when I changed the movement to 8 dir or platform though... ;P

I REALLY wish one of those people that have made even a halfway decent online game would help out with those that are struggling with the basics (myself included).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An idea would be that when you click you move a detector to Xmouse, Ymouse. You then use your method of moving the player towarsds the detector (whatever your method may be). Then you have the "Every" condition for maybe .5 seconds, 1 second, or even 2 seconds depending on the speed of the game. You would use such big intervals because it is neccesary to do so with an online game without causing lag.
    Under the "every" condition you would have an action that sends a message on the channel. "Xdetector,Ydetector,PlayerID" (insert X and Y coordinates of detector). When the user recieves this message you use the string parser to set the alterable values of the player object to X pos and Y pos. Then you would use your movement method to move it towards the specified position.
    If you wish for an example say the word.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You then use your method of moving the player towarsds the detector (whatever your method may be)."

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I want each player to be able to control more than one character during a game.

I've gotten it to the point where different characters can be clicked on and move to different destinations at the same time.

I've got it to the point that the characters of a party show up on both player screens.

I'm trying to figure out how to send the information to each of the different characters across the internet.

I have looked at creating destination objects and just having the characters on the other players game go to those destination points, but I haven't figured out how to get the new coordinates to each destination marker.

If figure that out, I still to figure out how to send a command to just a specific object. I have it to the point where each character has its own unique id in addition to the player id, but I don't know how to access the information from the string parser without attaching it to an object.

If I figure this out, I just may be crazy enough to actually tell people how I did it.