Thread: Features/Updates Wanted

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Features/Updates Wanted

Greetings, MMF2 users!

In the coming year, we are hoping to do some updates and add needed features to the extensions that come with MMF2.

There are many, up-to-date, feature-filled, stock extensions, so it would help us to be able to prioritize what is essential to users for more game and application power and flexibility.

Any ideas are acceptable, but keep in mind we want to know what is most important or necessary as we can only work on so many at a time. There is on particular time frame set for this, but we hope to gradually introduce updated extensions over time.

Please include reasons for your requests and the priority you would give them: high, medium, low. Optionally, note how you would use the items suggested or a situation where you have needed them.

NOTE: This does not apply to Bonus Back extensions of the upcoming Platinum releases. Also, please do not request new extensions in this thread.

Thanks!
    Clickteam

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Features/Updates Wanted in Included Extensions

Rich Edit Control:
    -
    Updates needed:
    -Upgrade to version 3.2
    -Fix bugs (like "Rich Edit Pictures are resizable when the window is disabled with Rich Edit 2.0 features enabled, works good with RE 2.0 disabled")
    -If possibility: Pictures not rezisable (with the control enabled).
    -more...

Why need an update:
    Because it could be very important if you make a chat program, using Rich Edit as chat window, with features like emoticons and automatic "www" detection, without any bugs.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings! Here come my suggestions (as always, they're related to building apps):

- Print Object:
    I would like to be able to select the printer (medium priority).
    Reason: In an office there are usually more than one printer, and the object don't let me choose which one I want to use (it uses the default printer). As long as I can setup the printer properties, it would be nice an action to choose the printer.

- MooSock Object:
    Be able to send/receive UDP packets (low priority).
    Reason: Sometimes (not many, its true) you may need to capture or send some litte UDP packets.

- ActiveX Object:
    Sometimes some methods that exist in the ActiveX do not appear in the list (high priority)
    A little documentacion on the Act/Exp/Output parameter expression (high priority).
    Reason: This object is very powerful. I think it should be nice for users to get a little more understanding of how it works. And sometimes, I know there exist methods in an object (as it is said in the documentation) that are not shown in the list of avaliable methods.

Thank you! Great work!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Text Blitter: (medium priority)

-Support of alpha channel pictures (internal and external pictures).
    -Ability to make the object global. So the object could keep its properties (image, settings, values, strings) accross the frames. We could also easily update it through the whole app by doing changes in only one place (like any other global object).
    -Support of variable width font. The width of each character could be stored into the object. ThePodunkian's VWF hack works pretty well, but the char widths must be stored into an external object.

Updating this already excellent object is a must. This would finally allow MMF users to take full advantage of nice-looking bitmap fonts, like in nowadays games.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Magic Deque: (low priority)

-Ability to use multiple global Magic Deque objects (crashes for now).
    -Fixing a bug and adding a feature, both described here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sub-app: (High priority)

A edit-time property called "Protected mode". This mode does two things:

* It does not give the sub-app access to any of the extensions at all (not even those in the main-app).
    * It blocks all write-to-disk actions in the sub-app (such as Storyboard -> Frame Position -> Save Frame Position).

This way, if you create a game with a level editor, you can also include a "bonus material" feature where people can create their own minigames and include as .cca's without the risk of their sub-apps being malicious and overwriting important files.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sub-app:

Include Alterable Values/Strings in the Sub-App object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rich Edit Object - High priority, for me at least!

Currently there is no control of printed output.
    I would like to see: pagination (page breaks), headers and footers (page numbering), margin setting, and page orientation (landscape/portrait).

All my applications depend to some extent on printed output from the rich edit object, and the result is always far less professional than the rest of the app.

I think upgrading of printing is much needed in MMF.

Rick

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Text Blitter object:

- Support of East Asian fonts (Traditional/Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
    - Ability to paste backdrops

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacement for the Video Pro object. This object could play animated gifs, avi and mov video files, images of various kinds, and play sounds. It was a great all around object and would be very useful again for MMF2. I used it to create an educational game maker called Categories that could play any of the above files as part of a selected question. See:
    http://www.darngoodsolutions.com/mms/categories.htm
    Steve

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast