Thread: Dynamically creating and positioning edit boxes

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamically creating and positioning edit boxes

Hello:
    I am a new user to the MMF2 and ClickTeam product, but not new to programming. I am a Flash Actionscript(2-3) coder and Web Developer who is having some issues with translating those skills to MMF2 way of doing things. I think the problem is the fact i do not have access to the traditional ways of doing, so I am probably over-complicating things. Enough of the rambling and on to my Question:

How would I go about creating multiple edit boxes (or assets in general) and positioning them dynamically at runtime?

In Flash this would be a simple loop iteration using the loop variable to set the name dynamically, allowing me to set the position of each on every iteration of the loop.

I got the loop going in MMF2, but do not know how to set the name of the edit boxes or position them based on the loop.

Any help, points in the right direction or examples would greatly be appreciated.

Sean

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dynamically creating and positioning edit boxe

MMF2 is not a scripting language- you don't need to rename them. Just use "Create an object" under the Create object column to make the edit box (put it anywhere) and then use Position > Set X position and Set Y Position under the edit box column to move it.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick response Jam.
    Ok, but if these are being created dynamically how do I specify which to position?

Unless what you are saying is that it automatically references the current created object?

For example:
    Lets say I am creating some type of xml editor or something and I parse the xml to pull out certain tag data and place each piece of data in its own edit box. Because the xml document could contain any number of specified tags, I need to create the edit boxes based on the number of tags and then position each edit box relative to the other. So say there are 4 specified tags, I would need to create 4 edit boxes and then position those 4.

So in regard to the above example you are saying, I would not need to have a object specific id or name in order to position each?

Sean

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It automatically references the created object.

If you want to single them out later, give them an ID as you create them- after positioning an edit box, set it's Alterable value A to the number of edit boxes created. This will number them 1, 2, 3, 4 and you can choose one with the condition "Alterable value A of Edit box = 2" or "Alterable value A of Edit box = 3".

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, thanks for the help. I will play with this and see if I can get it to work as needed. I definitely see now that I will have to recondition the current way I think when dealing with MMF2.

Sean

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or after you have created them, you can run the spread value action and that will give them all an alterable value starting from whatever value you set.
    Steve