User Tag List

Thread: Castlevania help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Castlevania help

I'm making a Castlevania game and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me how to program the stair climbing in TGF2?

Thanks

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Castlevania help

You hit the stais, then automatically go up?

I would have your character be swapped with another object that has the path movement, which is basically you in a 'walking" animation loop...

or have it chnage your active objects's movement to another (such as path or bouncing ball(where it's set to always look at a hidden object at the top of the stairs...)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makes sense, I've been using Clickteams stuff since the days of Klik & Play, dont know why I didn't think of that

but much appreciated man, it's definitely turning out to be an awesome game so far and I wanted to have every bit of Castlevania nostalgia as possible, again, many thanks!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still no good, the path movement was really unbalanced, and the bouncing ball was moving all over the place even if i set it to focus on an object at the top.

Any other ideas?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

piscesdreams, I usually don't enter the TGF forums, (I'm MMF2 Developer user), but the Castlevania help topic called my attention. I do have here a Castlevania engine (I believe it's TGF, since it's .gam file). I don't remember where I got it, and in the comments doesn't say the author's name , the comments are in french, too. The engine is custom made, too.
    Uploaded to the file archive:
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=68896&Main=6889 6#Post68896