Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Qualifiers in Global Events

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qualifiers in Global Events

What's with this!? It won't let me copy/paste qualifiers from my events into anything "global".

Argh! Since when is it a good idea to REDUCE FUNCTIONALITY from the last version? What the hell, seriously. Because of this, I can't finish my Final Year Project in college I was using it for. I was going to make a game for my Software Project, but since I can't use qualifiers to make some events apply to all objects of a certain type, I can't do this! I'd have to copy/paste the events of each frame, which is ridiculously inefficent and likely to cause problems.

I was hoping MMF would *solve* problems with Global qualifiers, not cause more!

Thank you, Clickteam, for replacing an unstable product with one that is useless to me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Qualifiers in Global Events

I think it is better to have a stable product with limitations than a product that produces buggy applications..

Clickteam hasn't been able to solve the problem with qualifiers in global events, so they have disabled it until they find a solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it isn't. I was able to use the global qualifies before. The stability issues I have with 1.5 were not related to qualifiers. Because they removed it, I cannot finish the project. It is not "Better". If there's a crappy buggy feature you can just not use it if it causes that much problem for you. I'm guessing that's not "Web 2.0" enough for people nowadays.

They are obviously not even working on a solution. They've had *years* to do so, and it's a very important feature. They should have come up with a solution, or an alternative.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you had a working project before you updated, just revert back to the previous version. Not that difficult to figure out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I started it on MMF2. It's only now I've gotten to the stage of actually applying the events to other levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always test critical parts of my software before I jump into it full blown. Theres no reason why you couldn't have done some quick tests with qualifiers in global events, if for no reason, but to make sure you had everything planned out correctly.. let alone seeing if they still existed.

To be honest, I can see where you're mad at Clickteam, and trust me I can understand where you're coming from, but you really can't hold them responsible for it. Be mad, but it's really not their fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is their fault. Instead of fixing the feature, they removed a work around. There was no reason to test a feature that was there, as far as I knew. How was I supposed to pre-empt they'd remove such functionality? Why would I have presumed that? I was just using a new version of the software I always used.

It's very easy to say stuff like that, but the fact is that most people don't do things that way.

It's pulling the chair out from underneath someone. If I'm at a posh dinner party and get up for a second, I don't put my hands down to check if someone's taken it away.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Global events and qualifiers only exist in our dreams.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerus
    Global events and qualifiers only exist in our dreams.
    there's always this post... though if or when it would actually happen, i don't know

while it was useful, it WAS a bug, and using bugs as workarounds generally isn't the best idea ever... if your application was corrupted or otherwise damaged because an object shortcut didn't behave as you expected, you'd probably be even more angry than you are now

still, i think that reintroducing the bug as a temporary measure (until a real method is found) wouldn't be that bad of an idea, provided sufficient warning is given through dialogs when the user attempts to create the bug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or MMF 1.5,

Global events are useless for complex games, really, without qualifiers.

I don't suppose there's any way for MMF1.5 to open MMF2 files? Since there are barely any differences anyway...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast