A pre-beta version of MMF2 HWA is available for the ones who want to test it.
Quick update, I've uploaded a new version that may fix the bug with the icons of some objects that are not displayed in the frame editor :
As I've no time to fully test it, if any problem with this version just reinstall the version above.
- the registered version of MMF2 or MMF2 Developer must be installed on your machine
- these install programs do not overwrite your existing version of MMF2 => You can use both versions at the same time and don't need to reinstall MMF2 after uninstalling MMF2 HWA.
- this version is for testing purposes ONLY. Files saved with this version might be incompatible with future beta versions or even the current official version of MMF2.
Main changes since the alpha version given at the Clickteam convention :
- layers have now their own effects
- semi-transparency & rgb coefficients work with pixel shaders, although this part is not yet fully optimized
- new int_float4 parameter for the pixel shaders
- collisions now work with images resized and rotated in Direct3D mode
- the Set / Get Angle functions now support floating point angles
- new Directx 8 mode. Note 1: the pixel shaders provided with this beta don't work in DX8 mode. DX8 doesn't support all the pixel shader features supported by DX9, we'll convert the pixel shaders that can work in DX8. To make a pixel shader compatible with DX8, add a tech_main_d3d8 technique in the .fx file.
Note 2: if the application is set to run in D3D9 mode and D3D9 is not present, it will switch to D3D8 automatically. If D3D8 is not present, it will run in standard mode.
Known issues in this version :
- full screen mode doesn't work
- transitions don't work
- there is no actions & expressions to change/retrieve the current effect and its parameters
- effects don't work on string objects
- some objects or some features of some objects don't work yet with the HWA version (for example the stretch & rotate actions of the Active Picture object)
Please report any problem with this version in this thread.
PS: I won't be able to answer questions until Tuesday night.