Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Request] Layer Zoom

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Request] Layer Zoom

A bit like when they "enhance image" on Spooks? (that thing with the grenade has got to be totally impossible!!)
    I think any zoom feature would be useful although how could you enforce a vertex shader when MMF2 uses raster images?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nifflas
    Err, zooming in from 1:1 isn't a good idea imo. A zoom where one pixel of an object represent one pixel on the screen should be the maximum zoom level which you zoom into, not the point which you start from. If you zoom out from that, you'll still have full quality, but zooming in from 1:1 and using some resampling algorithm to attempt to restore the quality loss... That's just plain wrong.
    Well you know that only applies if you NEED that quality. If it's something like a puff of smoke, it doesn't matter.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon that a zoom vertex shader probably would be more efficient, and it would filter all of the textures nicely too, although that is all possible with pixel, just probably less efficient.

Zooming in from 1:1 would be ok for some games. For example if you don't have a black 1 pixel outline around everything it would look ok. However I think if I were to request layer zoom I would also request scaled textures for objects: Say you have a backdrop that you want to zoom in on from 1:1. You add a high res texture and check the box "texture scaling" before you resized it to the correct size for in game use. Then in your application, it would be using the high res texture, but scaled down, so if you zoomed in beyond 1:1 then it would still look good.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've finished some new pixel shaders. A lot more are planned (it's so funny to make a pixel shader).

The pixel shader for Zooming In and Out works pretty well but, of course, it zoom in and out only the image of an object, not the object itself (like the texture of a square, the texture is scaled but not the square). It's fast and useful for layers.

I've done too a pixel shader for rotation. I'll create another one for doing both (pan+zoom+rotate).

For information: I've already created 28 pixel shaders (some are like others). I think I'll create 20 more and release a package to let you test them.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats sounds nice, but i meant moving the camera/screen closer or further away from the frame, like along the Z axis. But MMF is not 3d so i don;t know if this is possible?

I'm looking forward to trying the shaders though.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving along a Z-axis is like zooming in and out in a 2D game so if you apply my pixel shader for Zooming In and Out on a layer, it will do exactly what you want.

No less, no more.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool! Sphax, how's the pixel shader compatibility with DX 8 at this moment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently testing my pixel shaders with Direct3D9...

EDIT1: None of them currently works with D3D8... I'll search why.
    EDIT2: Ok I see why... I don't know anything in the pixel shader language for D3D8 (mines are all programmed in HLSL), so my Pixel shaders will not be available for it currently.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am really looking forward to your PS pack, Sphax. They really are powerful and so, MMF2 HWA is obviously about more than just speed and object increases.

There is a whole new world of great visual effects ahead. Users should find the results very interesting and games will start to look different/better in many ways.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT1: None of them currently works with D3D8... I'll search why.
    EDIT2: Ok I see why... I don't know anything in the pixel shader language for D3D8 (mines are all programmed in HLSL), so my Pixel shaders will not be available for it currently.
    On no, don't say that. lol.

I was going to use directX 8 because my game is for the casual market.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast