User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I ran into a SUPER Game Factory 2 Glitch

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: I ran into a SUPER Game Factory 2 Glitch

I have to agree with Jamie, never had it crash once, and thats in nearly two years.

So please check.

1. You are running build 247.
    2. Upload any example files that show any crashes
    3. You tell us how to replicate the problem

Jason

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evilpantsmaster, Microsoft has probably 100's of bugtesters on each of their products. Clickteam is a little company and I doubt they have many bugtesters, though they have a great community that does their bugtesting We are great support, but TGF/MMF still are buggy.

It happens now and than that MMF suddenly closes down on me and I too have lost the file I've been working on. Therefore I save my applications at least every minute, and save to a new file every time I do an important change. I reccommend everyone to do that with any product!

Jason and Jamie: You are really lucky then!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Game Factory 2 has encountered a problem and had to close. We are sorry for your..."

This has happened to me SO MANY TIMES!
    I had a 98 so I dont know if it was that or just tgf2 being a pain.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is probably your computer. The exact same thing has happened to me (Luckily the game was not so important). But then I got my computer fixed for some other reasons and it has never happened since..

OR I must've got a new build that stops it.

I am talking about MMF2 Standard here.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i've lost one of my files before, but it was due to a power outage that happened during a save; said file was so broken afterward that i couldn't even get a hex editor to open it

i've only had MMF2 crash on me like twice over the course of me owning it (august 2006), and i can't remember what caused those crashes... however, the runtime engine crashes more often (but still rarely), but this is mainly due to buggy extensions when it happens

MMF1.5 would crash frequently so I'm quite happy with MMF2's stability

i bet your crashing problem is due to windows 98, given how old and unstable it is

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, running on XP comps.

Jason, you're really lucky that it hasn't crashed on you.

And by the collision system randomly times out, I mean that objects that caused a collision 30 seconds doesn't cause a collision the second time. My objects are always on the same layer, when I use layers SD .

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn
    Evilpantsmaster, Microsoft has probably 100's of bugtesters on each of their products. Clickteam is a little company and I doubt they have many bugtesters, though they have a great community that does their bugtesting We are great support, but TGF/MMF still are buggy.

It happens now and than that MMF suddenly closes down on me and I too have lost the file I've been working on. Therefore I save my applications at least every minute, and save to a new file every time I do an important change. I recommend everyone to do that with any product!

Jason and Jamie: You are really lucky then!
    Clickteam is great, I would worship them if I could.

Turns out I only had one upgrade (Uh-oh) I do the same thing you do. I save! But what I didn't do was make another file. My bad, I learned my hard lesson. How come I've never seen this topic up before? I do use a XP. It never came to mind that it would delete itself! :crazy: However, once it's gone it is impossible to get back. Because its a .MFA file, No recovery programs can bring it back.

Jason and Jamie: You ARE lucky!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Which build are you running etc.

Also please upload any possible example files you are working on to see if there is a problem with them.

Jason

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SUPER !!!11

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had the same thing happen to me.

The best thing you can do right now i guess is a system restore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast