User Tag List

Thread: Cutscene Extentions?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cutscene Extentions?

I remember reading about some planned extensions for making cutscenes... Has there been any news on that lately?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. :eek:

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Cutscene Extentions?

I don't know, maybe you are talking about what I have been on about.

Yes, there are some plans, in the background, to make MMF2 friendly to making movies and cutscenes in a more automatic way.

There is much to be done to that effect and we are only in the planning stages. We want you to be able to record and sync much of what you can do in real time, to make it short and sweet. MMF2 is very open to that, but we have to investigate and explore the potentials in order to find the best way to pull it off. From there, animation, movies, and the rest, should be much faster and easier than eventing each minute aspect of a scene.

Right now, we have a working title: Fusion Director Deck.

I will be sure to post about any news on this matter as the situation develops.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that is what I was talking about, thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two ideas:

1. You can make cut scenes as movie files and then insert a frame between your game frames that will play the video. Then when the video ends (condition end of file) jump to next frame. I have done this and it seems to work well.

2. Make your cut scenes as a single frame and record as a demo. Then insert a "play demo file" action into a Start of Frame event to use the recorded movements and mouse clicks.
    DT
    Special Projects Director

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Novabrain, how do your plans for Fusion Director Deck differ from DT's ideas and like them will they work best in a frame of their own and/or run alongside user interaction.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

DT's suggestions are good ways to go for now.

A rough outline of FDD would be about recording and playing back what happens during runtime.

There are many variables and details to that, but we want to start with being able to create markers that can trigger events as well as the ability to record whatever an object does during runtime.

You could do this now using an Array, but it is too specific and you have to create many, custom events to record and playback objects.

If you are familiar with various timelines from software like Flash, Premier, After Effects, etc. then you have an idea of what we are shooting for. It is not a matter of if we can do it, it is about how far we can take it in order to facilitate animation and movie making to a professional degree. I think it can go pretty far.

As an example. You could set a soundtrack as your base for syncing other events, or just use time. You would then set the FDD to record various aspects of whatever objects will be involved. You would also have to set those objects to say, respond to the mouse or keyboard. When you run the app, the FDD would popup with VCR controls and a timeline that has keyframe boxes. There could be layers, possibly, that relate to each object or marker set.

From there, you record what goes on at runtime, stop, pause, rewind, edit, etc. That info can be saved to a file and played back if the objects and events in a frame are setup for that.

So, it is like play demo, only it can be done during runtime and you have more control over the process plus precision timing along with editing.

Later on, once that is all functional, we might even expand to various types of tweening. The FDD will be designed to be expandable by programmers and built upon over time.

This is in very early alpha/concept stages. I hope we get to a proof of concept in the near future. It should be rather exciting and open some doors for multimedia, presentations, cartoons, movies and cutscenes.

NOTE: This project would be greatly helped by contributions from the community when the time comes. The plan is to put together animation kits with characters, scenes, backgrounds, effects, etc., in order to help people get started making what we call Cartoovies. That would a good selection of phoneme-based mouthes for lip-syncing and easily animated faces and bodies.

Thanks for asking!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickteam takes on Lionhead Studios The Movies [laugh].
    This sound like a very interesting project indeed.
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Novabrain, Thanks for the detailed reply.

The Adobe products are deliberately aimed at particular users for particular tasks. Where do you see FDD being pitched? Personally, a tool that might one day bring together (as MMF has in a small way)my video work and my MMF play, is good news indeed. Dare I mention High Definition video?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am not sure yet were we will pitch it. The proof of concept will help us decide, based on what we can get away with.

I am pretty sure that it will make a range of dynamic creativity easier and faster to accomplish ... and that's what MMF is all about