User Tag List

Thread: MMF Code compiled ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF Code compiled ?

Hi,

i have a question for mmf2. If the code compiled when i create a exe file from my game ?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MMF Code compiled ?

Not compiled in the strictest sense of the term, but it's not possible to get an MFA back.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is made into a binary format that only the MMF2 runtime understands. You can maybe compare it a little bit to how Java compiles it into bytecode that the Java runtime interprets.

MMF2 just 'bundles' it's own runtime interpreter in the same file as the bytecode so people don't have to install a framework just to run a small app.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats good, but is it possible to readout the memory if i create a .exe data in MMF?
    Because i don't want to make it possible to readout cryptionkeys, passwords.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Plaintext strings stored within an application might be readable through the use of a memory editor and communications might be monitored or manipulated. Even commercial vendors haven't been able to stop that and pretty much all forms of DRM have been broken to some extent, all they can do is make it as difficult as possible. For example, it's a good idea to generate some things "on the fly" instead of having them stored all together in the same place (ibidem toto?). The key is to obfuscate as much as possible and to never give the user something super secret (e.g. FTP passwords).
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.