User Tag List

Thread: I need help from a clever programmer :)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help from a clever programmer :)

Hi.

I'm making a short side-scrolling platformer that anyone can "skin" by changing png images in the games folder. My problem is I want an eligant way of creating the horizontally flipped frames while loading the animations into the active object. I wish there were an option in the "animation/load frame" action to automatically creat the flipped or rotated directions at the same time, but alass, this is not the case.

I really DONT want to double the amount of art in the folders to support the other direction...nor do I want to "chew up" the user's hard drive by creating the flipped images at run-time then loading them in every time you run the game.

how hard would it be for someone to make an exact clone of the active object, but with a create flipped or rotated animations action? Or, to have an option like rotate or scale that flips it horizontally WITHOUT the need for directx 9. This will be especially useful once it is possible to create aplications for mobile, where small file-size will be very important.

thanks

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I need help from a clever programmer :)

I would wish to help But I dont understand what you want.
    Do you want to set the angle of it?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the best style would be to have a short preloaded which generates new images with the modification, lodes them and cleans up.

I'm certain there are better ways but i can't use mmf atm so off my head you 'could' load the image in active image object, use the 'flip' option then use the screen shot object to capture the area around it.

Best of luck.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a folder with all of the individual frames for a platformer character facing right. I want my game to load those images into the right-facing animations, AND to also create the left facing frames by flipping the images while loading them in. What I want to avoid is tons of saves to the hard drive by creating the flipped version on the players harddrive, or to have twice as much art in the folders in the first place... (facing left and right).

If actives could be flipped horizontally at runtime (without the need for directx 9) or had a new action "create flipped or rotated directions of an animation", then I'd be all set.