Thread: SQLite 3 public beta 1 download link

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SQLite 3 public beta 1 download link

Hi, guys.

Here's the download link. More information can be found in the Extension Development forum. Thanks.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SQLite 3 public beta 1 download link

2 questions:
    1) is it a different filename to the SQL Lite V2 extension ? Does it show as `SQL Lite V3` in the extension list?
    2) Will it open SQL Lite V2 databases ? If not, would a MMF converter using both objects be feaseable? (Obvesly it would not work on all databases due to varying database types and names, etc. and would be created by whoever needed it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, neat_Kliker2.

Quote Originally Posted by neat_Kliker2
    1) is it a different filename to the SQL Lite V2 extension ? Does it show as `SQL Lite V3` in the extension list?
    Yes, it shows separatedly. The SQLite3 extension uses a different filename: Sqlite3.mfx and should not conflict with he existing one (SQLDB). In the list it shows as SQlite3.

Quote Originally Posted by neat_Kliker2
    2) Will it open SQL Lite V2 databases ? If not, would a MMF converter using both objects be feaseable? (Obvesly it would not work on all databases due to varying database types and names, etc. and would be created by whoever needed it)
    Yes, it should. I don't think the newer version has changed anything internally to the DB file structure. But if you could make a backup and then test it with the new version, I'd appreciate since I didn't have enough time for backward compatibility tests.

Cheers.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SQlite 3 cannot open SQlite 2 databases, there is a new file format making this impossible. I don't really think a convertor is necessary though, you just have to dump your database and create it again in SQlite 3.

You have to be aware that SQlite3 supports data-types (in SQlite2 everything was basically stored as strings), a simple dump of an SQlite2 database might give you troubles if you didn't use proper types (ie if you used an INTEGER field for text, SQlite3 will generate an error).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Corentin. Thanks for the useful information. This helps a lot.

As for the INTEGER fields, you can still use strings (at least from my tests), although I feel that this is a not a wise thing to do as a programmer, to mix integer fields with alpha characters. Hopefully there are some MMF2 object events to deal with that and make the apropriate consistencies.

Try adding new data in the example I made and putting mixed alphanumeric characters in the movie CODE field and you'll see that it is accepted. Thank you for the information but please test this to see if it's the only difference from version 2 to 3.

Kind regards,

Andre Guerreiro (byo)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems I was indeed mistaken :
    SQLite version 2.8 had the feature that any type of data could be stored in any table column regardless of the declared type of that column. This feature is retained in version 3.0, though in a slightly modified form. Each table column will store any type of data, though columns have an affinity for the format of data defined by their declared datatype. When data is inserted into a column, that column will make at attempt to convert the data format into the columns declared type. All SQL database engines do this. The difference is that SQLite 3.0 will still store the data even if a format conversion is not possible.
    It was an english mistake that made me think it wasn't possible anymore, sorry for the misleading information. Here's a small list about changes with Sqlite3 : SQLite 3 version overview

EDIT : Actually I never worked with a sqlite3 database, so i wasn't able to test anything. I hope SQlite 3 will someday support RIGHT and FULL OUTER JOIN, and nested transactions would definitively make me drop SQlite 2... hope you'll keep your extension up-to-date if this ever happens !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. My intention is to update it and expand it whenever I have the time to. Actually a new beta with a few new stuff will be available this weekend.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't test your extension much yet, but I love your advanced actions such as loading to memory, saving results and such !

Thanks for the great work.

I liked SQliteDB object better on one small thing though : the ability to retrieve data from a single expression ie DataRowCol(Row Number ,Col number ) or DataRowColName(Row number, Col name). I really liked the ability to use column name.

I'll go back to more testing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Corentin. My intention was to make actions to navigate (Delphi style) and then expressions to retrieve the current field value. I will try adding those two expressions.

Thanks for the sugestions.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This way of navigating can be very useful, I already used it to display the contents of a table I didn't know, but when you know the name of the column it's easier to write and to debug if you can use it.

Thank you very much for considering this suggestion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast