User Tag List

Thread: New and confused

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New and confused

Ok. I am completely COMPLETELY new to this stuff. I barly understand any of these things, or any of the math involved, so this question is probly peretty stupid. So here it is:

I am making a simple bouncer game but with a pinball, and I want to make a level with a teleport. I said move here but when it comes out on the other end it just pops back in and gets stuck. Sometimes it just goes in and comes back out of the same one. I tried ajusting the direction, but it didnt work. In addition to that, the animation I wanted it to do only plays once when the ball hits it. What do I do?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New and confused

If you're moving an object to an area that itself tells the object to move, then it'll move back again instantly (I think this is what you mean - it's a little difficult to tell from the description).

To prevent this, you could either just set your 'teleports' to point to places that won't teleport them back immediately, or you could use the object's alterable values or flags to stop it from happening. Set some value when the object is teleported, then only set it back to 0/off when the object moves away from the area that teleports it at the other end.

And welcome to the community!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sort of way I often do this kind of thing is with animations... Say you have two holes, and if a ball goes into one, it comes out the other. Have the event work such that if "ball" overlaps "hole 1", *and* animation of "hole 1" equals "Stopped", move position of ball to "hole 2" and change animation of "hole 2" to "Inactive"; have a similar event for overlapping "hole 2". "Inactive" could be a different animation, or it could just be one that looks like "Stopped" but is a few frames that loops a few times, just long enough for the ball to stop overlapping. When the animation ends, "hole 2" will return to "Stopped", and the ball overlapping it again will trigger it to teleport back to "hole 1".

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fixed! However, I have a new problem. I have created a platformer, and I wanted it to have anti-gravity. How do I do this?