Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Joystick 2 object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Blog Entries
    Ah, the force feedback works on the Xbox 360 controller but nothing else, got it. That's the controller I've been using to test my games, which is why I thought it supported force feedback still.
    My website, and my GameJolt Profile. If there are awards for "'highest number of long forum posts", then I'd have probably won at least 1 by now.

No, that isn't at all what I said. Force feedback should work on all controllers (I don't have an F710, for instance, to confirm this belief). Rumble effects will not work on the XBox 360 controller, and I don't know if they'll still work on other controllers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Blog Entries
    Oh, okay. I guess I completely misunderstood what you said in the other post. I think the part that threw me off was this:

The force feedback does work on the Xbox 360 controller.
    Which implies that force feedback, well, does work on the Xbox 360 controller. I guess you meant to say "doesn't" instead of "does".

Anyway, sorry for misunderstanding.
    My website, and my GameJolt Profile. If there are awards for "'highest number of long forum posts", then I'd have probably won at least 1 by now.

Again, that isn't what I said or meant. I never said that "force feedback works on the Xbox 360 controller but nothing else." Here's a list of what works and what doesn't:

Force feedback support:
    Xbox controllers
    Logitech controllers
    etc.

Rumble effect support:
    ?
    Maybe some controllers somewhere?

I'm realizing where this may be getting confusing. There are two sets of actions in the Joystick 2 object: "Rumble effects" (not supported on Xbox 360 controllers) and "Force feedback" (supported on Xbox 360 controllers and I believe every other controller with motors).

Sorry for the confusion!

Blog Entries
    AH! Okay, got it. That is rather confusing. Thanks for clarifying! I personally always used force feedback instead of rumble, if I remember correctly, so that would explain things a lot.

I am editing this post because I asked a question about how do we make a difference between the triggers on an xbox 360 wireless controllers but found the response in another thread.

Snail replied in this thread explaining how the triggers work. It is not an issue with Clickteam but with the XBox 360 wireless controllers drivers.
    http://community.clickteam.com/threa...+xbox+triggers

Thanks!

An updated version of this extension would be really appreciated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Just FYI, I did lot of work once to unify the various outputs of the Joystick 2 object, and coax some extra functionality out of it ( customisable deadzones). I released the result as VACCiNE (in my sig). It makes all major gamepads work out of the box, exactly the same way, and considerably simplifies the process of reading their inputs.

My Fusion Tools: VolCAMERA | Productiva | VACCiNE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2