Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MMF2 screwed up my project

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF2 screwed up my project

MMF2 screwed up my project. First it made some bad objects for unknown reason and so I replaced bad objects with another objects and I thought everything was okay. But then I closed program and later when I opened the file it says:

"An error occured while loading frame #1. Do you want to continue loading this application anyway? If you answer Yes, this frame will be removed from application"

When I press No it says: "Failed to open file" and when I press yes it opens the file but there's just a one empty frame there and all my stuff has disappear.

And yes, I dont have any backup files. I worked my whole vacation(week) on this project. Don't tell me I spent my vacation on my project for nothing. My project looked very promising so I'd like to know if there's way to fix this.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MMF2 screwed up my project

And yes, I dont have any backup files.
    So you learned it the hard way: Never forget to make backups. And before you do anything else: make a backup.

You paid with the lost work of a week. Pricey. Could have been much worse

Best is to save every session with another filename, better said growing buildnumber. I produce up to ten of such builds every day when i work at an app. This has also another good point: i can go back to previous builds at any point when i did a mistake.

A once destroyed application is not to rescue. You have to do the work again.

What would be fabulous is if you could remember what you did to get this baddies. A reproduceable bug is a bug that can be fixed. And clickteam is very very happy to get reports about such repeatable bugs

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could send the project to Yves, since I guess he's interested in what happened, but maybe also can restore most of the project.

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use backups for college work, but for some reason not MMF2 applications. Perhaps it's because I've lost essays and coursework before, but MMF2 has never 'screwed up' any of my projects. Guess when it does, I'll be storing the files everywhere. :P
    Cranktrain - Currently finishing a new game called The Cat Machine!
    @MattLuard on Twitter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not instinctive to have to back up files sequentially (to revert to), rather than to survive hard-drive failure / other disaster.
    No other program I have makes data / files that can be screwed-up as completely as this.
    As long as these errors are possible, I am somewhat surprised that MMF does not ship with whatever means Clickteam uses to recover peoples' files; a way of opening up a file at a basic level and deleting certain objects until it works again.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiles
    Best is to save every session with another filename, better said growing buildnumber. I produce up to ten of such builds every day when i work at an app.
    Same for me too. I've learned that if you want to finish a long term project with MMF 100% sure, that's what you need to do. Backup like hell. Just checked that I have 2 Gb of backup mfa-files for my current project. :crazy:

Of course MMF2 is the reason why Kraton lost his project - not Kraton's lack of backing up, that has to be said. This "bad object" bug is a serious drawback in MMF and should be addressed somehow. Easier said than done, I know. But yeah, always back up, that's a good advice for using any software.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure you don't have automatic backup properties enabled? They're on by default. If so you should have back up files saved.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I already wrote somewhere else... get FileHamster. It's a free, smallscale automatic backup tool. Set & forget. No need to use sequentual numbering of files or use save as. It can make e.g. one copy every hour (if something has changed) and you can specify how long and how many copies to store.

If something breaks, you just roll back one hour and off you go. This tool has saved my ass more than once already. If you combine it with SyncBack (also a free version available) you can make it automatically zip up your backups every 3 days and upload them to an FTP server. All automatic. All no-maintenance-required. Just make sure it works in the first place

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What build of MMF2 were/are you using?
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using build 248.

I usually remember take backups but this time I didnt :/.

Thanks for help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast