Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Basic Tutorials?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic Tutorials?

Okay so ive got MMF 2 and the chocoblock tutorial is freaking useless. can somebody please send me a couple basic tutorials, mabye one on a decent game and one on something using sting parser and mooserver. ive got a friend who keeps giving me crap about not being able to use this program and hes giving me the ****s.
    cheers, Verd0uX

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Basic Tutorials?

You don't like the chocobreak tutorial because it doesn't teach you to make an amazing online game? You're asking for a basic tutorial, and chocobreak walkthrough is as simple as it gets. Using the mooobjects is a lot harder, if you cannot handle breakout, then you can't handle an online game.

And so that my post is mildly helpful: http://www.clickteam.com/eng/learning_resources.php
    Cranktrain - Currently finishing a new game called The Cat Machine!
    @MattLuard on Twitter.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G** damb it Jason....

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol shut up Luke i wasnt asking you. DizzyDoo thanks for your input but you misinterpret me. Chocobreak is pointless. i want to learn something worth while...not something [censored]. btw for people like SEELE who deliberately try to over explain things in a really complicated manner to feel superior...shove it *thumbs_up*.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well Choco-break shows you how to use the product.
    Once you know the basics you should be able to progress along yourself and learn a bit more.

There are also a TON of tutorials here:
    http://www.clickteam.com/eng/learning_resources.php

But if you don't feel you learned anything from Choco break I don't know how much these will help.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to begin from somewhere Verd0uX. It will take you years before you can begin to use the moo related features. It takes a whole lot of patience, and although MMF2 makes the process of creating games nearly as simple as it can possibly be, it's still a difficult path. As a comparison, when you start out with piano lesions, you do not start out with this.

What I'm saying is that you will have to learn tons of stuff that will seem totally useless to you - but they teach you how to use conditions and actions that you will rely on in your future projects. The chocobreak tutorial teaches you how to apply various kind of movements to objects, and how to perform simple collision detection. You'll need to know that stuff to get somewhere.

Then just check out the page that Jeff linked you to and go through all the easier tutorials.

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verd0uX
    ...DizzyDoo thanks for your input but you misinterpret me. Chocobreak is pointless. i want to learn something worth while...not something [censored]...
    Oh no, I understood you perfectly the first time, but I'm much surer of it now. You want a tutorial that makes a great game for you, and you just want to be able to click what it tells you to click with no effort at all. Sorry, I don't think those 'tutorials' exist.

Chocobreak is far from pointless. Nifflas is right when he stated that all it teaches you your way around the program, and how MMF2 generally works. If you think you understand that, take what you have learnt and apply it to what you want to do. There is no 'MMORPG tutorial' and no 'Epic RPG/Shooter' guide either. I'm afraid that, while MMF2 takes the programming out of programming games, there is still effort involved.
    Cranktrain - Currently finishing a new game called The Cat Machine!
    @MattLuard on Twitter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not start a fight here. If you think the chocobreak is useless, that's just fine as you will find a lot more tutorials around here.

Chocobreak is that simple only because it's meant for beginners, and as you think it's pointless you're probably more advanced in MMF2 and understand the basics. But if you don't understand the chocobreak tutorial yet and want to move on, I strongly suggest you go through that first. It teaches the basics even though it is a breakout game. The link Jeff posted has many tutorials, and you might see if you understand them. They are more advanced than the chocobreak one. But before diving into online games or applications (mooclick) you must have good knowledge of MMF2, and I recommend you understand at least the tutorials found at the tutorial page.

After you think you can make the game itself (without the online part), you should move on to making it playable online. But before that, you might need some exercise. Best of luck on learning MMF2!

Edit: Oh, and of course, on your second disc of MMF 2 you will find a few examples that you might want to learn from. Not really tutorials but maybe you'll find something new.

RayMarble

Well I for one would like to see more tutorials like the CB-tut.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast