User Tag List

Thread: ActiveObject+ V2

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ActiveObject+ V2

If you don't like having to event complex effects for your text and sprites, then this might be a real cool tool for you to throw into your MMF2 Widgets folder:

Here is the second, official version of ActiveObject+

It features 4 sets of Behaviors with the following capacities:

1. Drag
    2. Fade
    3. Rotate
    4. Resize

Under each of those categories there are various settings you can use for different kinds of effects. There are some notes in the behaviors and this file has a rag-tag group of keys you can press to see some effects and understand a few settings.

* With Resize you have an Alterable Value called, AffectHeightWidth. You can set that so that both, or either height or width alone, are affected by your resize effect. So you can have tall or wide. Handy!

* Keep in mind that you can use several effects at a time on one object. This can give cool, extra effects.

* Some important settings have no preset value because they work best with decimal values and currently, the settings in the Objects' AV Properties don't retain decimal values.

* For rotate and resize, where you place your hotspot will determine where the effects work from. Experiment!

* A benefit here is that your object's animations and movments can remain functional while you fade, so you can use that effect in place of transitions.

* In most cases, you can save a lot of file size by not needing rotated or resized versions of a graphic, for effects.

* There are some other variations for each type to explore as noted in the Behaviors.

I am also including an example file that shows some of the basic effects in action. You will find more to choose from in the Behaviors. They are all numbered and are selected by the "type" AV's: FadeType, RotateType, ResizeType. Of course Drag has an on and off setting.

The Behaviors that have more effect ideas to add have notes to that effect. If you want to add them, (or others) please be sure to announce that fact so we can work sequentially on versions of this and not have several going at one time. I may revisit this later and finish-up some of the rotation and sizing effects.

I was thinking that a "Combos" Behavior might also be created in this Widget that has creative sequences/combinations of the available effects that you can choose from.

If I post the example in the regular file section for comments, it will be the same as the one included here.

I hope that many of you will find this useful and fun to utilize in your projects. I also hope you find the effects impressive and easy to use. We would like to see what you create with this as an example file or a .ccn.

Enjoy!

Oh and, here's hoping more people come up with useful Widget ideas while we move forward with this.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ActiveObject+ V2

Novabrain hopefully this is ok, i saw in the other thread you said you might be interested in additions to this.

I have made a shake mode which basically shakes depending on a mode you set (off,X,Y,X+Y) and the X and Y ranges set. I couldn't add a time input to slow down the update because it seems you can't set a expression on the timer.

I notice you can't hide named alterables as i use 2 inputs to store starting point values but couldn't see how to hide them.

Also it doesn't seem to use the other controls but no doubt you could easily update it to do that. Hopefully it's ok, i could make it a seperate widget though if it's of no use in combination after adjustments..

Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, thanks, Atom. I am thrilled to see this.

I was hoping somebody would take me up on that. That is because I would like to see users build on current widgets when possible.

I will check it out and get back to you. I hope other uses will try it and comment, too. We need participation and input!

On the timer problem, did you try adding to a variable and testing? You know, like the old counter method? I don't think I have tried any timing yet.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To other users:

There are plenty of places that you could add some new effects here, especially new versions of what I have already started, (zooming and such).

Improvements on the way it works are welcome, too. This could potentially become quite a tool with a group effort.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Novabrain
    Oh, thanks, Atom. I am thrilled to see this.

I was hoping somebody would take me up on that. That is because I would like to see users build on current widgets when possible.
    Thanks, yeah i like the idea of extending current widgets also if the original creator is happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novabrain
    On the timer problem, did you try adding to a variable and testing? You know, like the old counter method? I don't think I have tried any timing yet.
    Well yeah theres a few ways to do it like modes etc where i could have used if thens and just made a few speed settings. I might do this possibly. Hopefully the devs will allow for an expression though at some point. I could probably do it with a 3rd party extension but i wanted to try and avoid that.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, the shake mode is good. Thanks.

I want to remind users that there are obvious places and variations and fixes on this Widget that can be done using what is already there.

* Zoom out from infinity
    * Variations on contract/expand
    * Variations on rotations
    * Technical issues with certain values/ranges

... and whatever other creative ideas you might have!