User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: specific animation has played a specific frame?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

specific animation has played a specific frame?

I am trying to determine if there is a condition to see if a specific animation has reached a specific frame? I am guessing I can use the expression calculator under "Compare current frame of XXX to a value" but I don't know the syntax for defining the animation by name. Anyone know if this is possible?

I am trying to make an enemy perform an action on a specific frame of an animation.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: specific animation has played a specific frame?

I'm an idiot. I figured it out.

But now I am stumped as to how I would make an animation repeat within a fastloop. I am trying something like this:

(On loop)
    +set ID(Enemy) to Loop Index
    +Is AltVar for Bullet Firing offset <= 0?
    +Is animation "Shooting" playing?
    +Is the frame # = 4
    --->Create Bullet
    --->(Bullet)Set Bullet Movement
    --->(Bullet)Set Bullet Direction
    --->(Bullet)Set AltVar for Bullet Firing offset to 25
    --->(Enemy)Add 1 to Bullets Fired
    --->(Enemy)Change Animation Sequence to Shooting

Basically, I want the Shooting animation to repeat every time the Bullet Firing offset reaches zero. I thought that setting the animation to Shooting as the last part of the sequence would do it, but it only plays the animation once and then holds the last frame while it shoots out the bullets every 25 loops.

Any ideas how I might fix this?

Mobichan

Clicker

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The above example seems to just play the Shooting animation once, then it automatically goes to the Stopped animation. Then it continues to spawn the bullets, but fails to repeat the shooting animation over and over. I was trying to use the "Change animation to Shooting" action to accomplish this, but the game seems to ignore it. Any ideas why?

RayMarble

Dumb question, but did you check you have the anims set correctly (the actual animation of shooting in the "shooting" and not in the "walking" or something)? Happened to me once. o^_^o;

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this looks kinda odd to me...

+Is animation "Shooting" playing?
    --->(Enemy)Change Animation Sequence to Shooting

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try Resetting the animation before you start it again, sometimes if you start an animation the moment it has ended it gets stuck at the last frame...

Clicker

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Werbad: it is getting stuck on the last frame. But I don't know how to "reset" an animation within a fastloop. I thought every time it ran the loop, it would play the animation over and over when the condition is met. That is why I have the last action as "Change animation to Shooting."

It just seems to play the animation once, then continue the fastloop actions for spawning my bullets. I have the bullets working off a countdown on an alt var, so when it reaches 0, the bullet fires. Then it resets the counter and repeats until the total bullet count reaches a number. I basically wanted to reset the shooting animation every time the countdown reaches 0, but I guess my code isn't correct.

Ideally, I want the bullets to actually fire off when the countdown reaches zero AND when the animation is at a specific frame (frame 4, in this case). Then I want the shooting animation to repeat each time the fastloop countdown reaches 0 until the total number of bullets I have specified have reached a value.

I'm starting to confuse myself with this one. ^_^' Which Animation action would be ideal for resetting an animation? Or is the problem that I am trying to reset the action on the same line as the call to play it?

Clicker

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the file in case anyone has time to take a look.
    current project file

You can generate the enemy that uses the behavior I am working on with the RIGHT mouse button.

Clicker

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I took a look at your file but was not able to find a solution, maybe it's because there is too much code. But I know that there is a solution.
    What I suggest you is to provide us with a stripped down version of your eventing. Then it will be easier for us to find the problem.

Also I noticed that at many places you are using loops where there's really no need to.

BTW nice graphics!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast