User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New to the forums and/or MMF 2 / TGF 2?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finding/clicking on 'properties' in toolbox on MMF2 developer

Hi - need a little help - just learning how to use MMF2 developer and when I attempt to click the properties (check box) under toolbox in view - it will not allow me to click it. cannot seem to get the properties tool to pop up. I had it once before... what am I doing wrong?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah... same issue I have...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would like to see some real tutorials as the ones that most are calling tutorials are really just examples, yes there good if you want to be able to copy what someone ells wants to do in a game, but not good if they don't cover what you want to do, and most also use the custom movements, there is a few not many that tell you what they are doing in there tuts (examples), but they don't tell you what all the stuff in the event actually does or how to use them, im nearly running out of time for the trial version and don't feel like buying MMF2 based on the lack of how to use it, the manual that's provided only show the layout of the interface and is no good to learn you how to use anything really, so im going to keep trying to learn gods knows how il do that, but looks like il be moving onto other game makers as i just cant learn something that you wont teach to us, sorry to have to say it but that's how i and all my friends are feeling, we were all going to buy it each if we could figure it out, but between us all we seem to have just wasted 4 weeks.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by highjack24 View Post
    i would like to see some real tutorials as the ones that most are calling tutorials are really just examples, yes there good if you want to be able to copy what someone ells wants to do in a game, but not good if they don't cover what you want to do, and most also use the custom movements, there is a few not many that tell you what they are doing in there tuts (examples), but they don't tell you what all the stuff in the event actually does or how to use them, im nearly running out of time for the trial version and don't feel like buying MMF2 based on the lack of how to use it, the manual that's provided only show the layout of the interface and is no good to learn you how to use anything really, so im going to keep trying to learn gods knows how il do that, but looks like il be moving onto other game makers as i just cant learn something that you wont teach to us, sorry to have to say it but that's how i and all my friends are feeling, we were all going to buy it each if we could figure it out, but between us all we seem to have just wasted 4 weeks.
    Hi highjack24. I have never heard of anyone giving up on MMF so quick. Gee, I have over 350 examples on my website and lots are fully commented. What gives with the peer pressure just to walk away?

Feel free to ask here on the forums, of any help you need and we will try to explain how it is done in simple terms. I would like to ask you to stay here with us for a while.

Thanks,
    Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello nivram, thanks for reading my rant sorry about putting it on, but that's how it makes me feel very frustrated, im very determined to learn it but just cant find anything that really does explain what's happening, up to now all i can do is take bits from other peoples examples and patch them together, i downloaded most of the examples from your site when i first started and have looked at them very hard, there a few pointers in there that do explain things a bit but not properly, here's a example of what i mean when i say there not tuts and just examples that you cant really learn much from,

>> Start loop "MoveRight" Val(Edittext$("Edit Box"))times <<

and here's the explanation the person wrote to go with that

>> trigger a loop when the user is holding right or left <<

so now lets say i wanted to use a loop to make my bullet move, but i want to have a set speed it moves at and don't want to use the edit box that's used in that example, because nothing is explained in what it does at witch point in that instruction then i don't know what to do with it, this is how most if not all examples seem to be, if you can point me in the direction of a example that does tell you what all the things are and do that they used in the instruction then i might be able to learn, also im not under any peer pressure to walk away, im under a time limit of trial period pressure that will end in a few days and force me to walk away, hope you can help me get the grasp of it.

also one more thing id like to say is when i have run into a problem il do a search in google it will give me the answer im looking for, only problem is it on the old forum you guys had, and is not there for you to read, if all that info that was on the old forum was there then i think id have find out how to use all the things that i keep getting stuck on, what happened to all the data on there anyway with my forum i all ways make a backup of content once a month, i dont bother with saving my forums structure as i can rebuild is with any blank SMF forum layout .

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by highjack24 View Post
    there a few pointers in there that do explain things a bit but not properly, here's a example of what i mean when i say there not tuts and just examples that you cant really learn much from,

>> Start loop "MoveRight" Val(Edittext$("Edit Box"))times <<

and here's the explanation the person wrote to go with that

>> trigger a loop when the user is holding right or left <<
    Whoever wrote that comment probably did it more for themselves than to actually explain. The expression "Val" is used to convert a string(text) into a number. Let's say you have the string "100". Yes, the string contains a number, but the quotations makes it a string so you have to use the Val expression to retrieve that number. So getting back to that expression, Val(Edittext$("Edit Box")) is simply retreiving the text from an edit box, and converting it to a number(Val) for use in fast loops. If the edit box text reads "100", then the loop would run 100 times and so on.

so now lets say i wanted to use a loop to make my bullet move, but i want to have a set speed it moves at and don't want to use the edit box that's used in that example, because nothing is explained in what it does at witch point in that instruction then i don't know what to do with it, this is how most if not all examples seem to be, if you can point me in the direction of a example that does tell you what all the things are and do that they used in the instruction then i might be able to learn, also im not under any peer pressure to walk away, im under a time limit of trial period pressure that will end in a few days and force me to walk away, hope you can help me get the grasp of it.
    You'd do the same thing, except manually put in how many loops you want the bullet to move.

>>Start loop "MoveBullet" 20 times.

Honestly you're probably starting off better than me. When I first got TGF/MMF 1.5 I didn't read a single tutorial for the most part of 2 years and somehow managed to still have fun without really knowing any of the mechanics behind anything. I mostly learned from taking apart an engine source, playing around with it. see what happens if I did XYZ, and so on.

(It took months just for me to figure out how to scroll the camera. that was probably the most exciting day I had that year)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i do understand what you say there, you also hit on
    Whoever wrote that comment probably did it more for themselves than to actually explain
    a point i was making about how the tuts are not tuts and just examples that don't tell you what they are for, someone told me that if i download a pirate copy that has a much better manual that explains more, i don't want to do that as i don't think downloading pirate stuff is right for people who can afford to buy it like me, but still i don't want to waste money for something i might not be able to use, really clickteam should give that manual with the demo version.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want I can give you links for my MMF Technical Manual. It used to be public, but when I changed the website I took it off. It could possibly help you understand MMF a little better, as it has limits for MMF and is a question and answer type manual.

Marv

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes please Nivram that would be good

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    highjack24. Here is the old main Header, which has the Technical Manual and some actual Tutorials

http://www.castles-of-britain.com/testpage4.htm

Marv

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast