- [color:#FF0000]2009/05/03 : A new major updat is available for download. For more information read this post[/color]
- 2009/04/12 : A new version of the beta is available for download. For more information about this new beta version, read this post
- 2008/10/26 : A new version of the beta is available for download (the previous version has been deleted with 360+ downloads ).
- 2008/05/17 : First public beta version available
Hi guys !
After some private beta testing since last Click Convention, here is the first beta version of the VectorialShape object released publically.
It's ready for your hands and brains !
Non exhaustive list of features :
- Each object is rendered directly on the frame (no need to set an area to draw in)
- Support an infinite number of points
- Polys can be closed or opened
- A tension can be set to round the connected lines.
- lot of presets are available : line, rectangle, triangle, curve, simple poly, triangle iso, star, rounded rectangle, complex house, bubble box, lot more !
- Possibility to add/insert/delete points
- Outline styles support (dashed, points, ...)
- Transformations support (move, scale, rotate, flip, constrain in a box)
- Basic SVG Support features (Import/Export)
- Collision mask export to BMP
- Possibility to set the color/alpha of the front and back outline
- Possibility to set the color/alpha of the filled shape
- Numerous fill modes (still in development) like solid, motifs, tiles, gradients, ...
- PNG support for fill (in tile mode)
- Fine collision detection option
- Fast draw in software mode
- Fast anti-aliasing in software mode
- First start toward the HWA compatibility (still in development)
- Lot of mathematical expressions&actions to used easily the object (angle between coordinates, distance between coordinates, barycenter, total size of the outline, area calculation, ...)
- Powerful text support features with font/color/alpha support and antialiasing modes
- Compatibility with MMF2 movements
- Possibility to enable/disable collision detection with outline and/or fill
- and lot lot more...
There is also some examples to illustrate different aspects of the object:
- 3D: Basic 3D test using the 3DActives object by LIJI
- Bounce: demonstration of object compatibility with MMF2 movements and fine collision detection
- BubbleBox: demonstration of the bubblebox preset
- ComicBubble: demonstration of a custom bubblebox
- CounterBarCircle: demonstration of a circle counter bar
- Draw: simple example of how to add point at runtime with a dynamic constant transformation (rotation)
- Draw_phizix: Example of dynamic draw of phisical bodies. That's what was the start of PhysicDraw
- Nibble: Example of a very simple nibble
- ShapeIt: Simple game where you should draw around fish to capture them (demonstrated in CC2007)
- Vectorial Solar system: Basic example of how to use transformations without vectorial render
- VectorialShape Example: A complete example (but not exhaustive) of a lot of presets of the object
- WaterTest: A try to create water (not very well done).
- Select object: a simple example of object selection with a box
This object is beta object which can't be compiled in an autonom application and which have popups at sart and end of the frame.
The object is partially compatible with HWA mode (a lot of things need to be optimized and implemented but it's in the good way). However, you should know that the VectorialShape object in HWA will probably not be as fast as in the software mode (because HWA mode uses textures while software mode directly draw on the frame without textures and memory allocations).
It's not recommended to use this version of the object in one of your project since it's still in development.
Enjoy and do not hesitate to post bugs, examples and questions.