Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Extension Request: Need the .mfa

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extension Request: Need the .mfa

I need the .mfa to help people understand what I'm asking for.

I call it Active Cube but you can call it what you want, it's similar to the active object but it only has 6 directions and each direction is, front, right, back, left, top & down; It technically is a 3D Mesh but it's a basic Cube and each of the 6 directions you draw is a different face of it.

It must have rotation in all 3 axis: X, Y & Z, the .mfa will tell what I mean by that.

Purpose of the Active Cube is to create easy 3D crates, boxes or walls, it would be very useful in 2D games as well as 3D ones.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Extension Request: Need the .mfa

I normally wouldn't have written this post if it was a simple extension request (I agree, an extension like this would be great), but this is probably your 10th post where you request MMF2 to become better with 3D games, thus:

I still haven't seen a decent 2D game from you, I don't think you're up to creating a 3D game yet. It took me 7 years before I figure out that I was only capable of creating simpler and smaller games than I had originally hoped, and it took me a few more years before I was able to create something that normal people liked. Earlier I used to dream about how my games would be, without any boundaries in mind (time, programming skills, software capabilities), and of course I started impossible projects that I'd never have time to finish, and that relied on non-existent features. What I do now is to limit my imagination within the boundaries of what I can do with my current time, skill level, and software. If there's something I can't do at the present, I never consider the option of creating it. Sure, it's easy to get stuck in the "anything is possible if your dreams are strong enough" way of thinking, but it's not mainly your visions that accomplishes anything, it's your skill level and hard work, which is what you really need to improve on.

Right now you have to stop to focus on what you want to create most. I get that you want to create games with 3D content and objects, but I can't see how you're ready for it before you have released a good 2D game. Limit your thinking to the features you have now; picture how a cool 2D game would be, and get to it!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nifflas
    I don't think you're up to creating a 3D game yet. It took me 7 years before I figure out that I was only capable of creating simpler and smaller games than I had originally hoped, and it took me a few more years before I was able to create something that normal people liked.
    This is a very common game developer problem. It's extremely exciting to imagine a great but another thing entirely to stick with it and develop it (and then refine refine refine it).

As for 3D in MMF...I think ultimately, MMF will never be able to compete with other programs out there when it comes to 3D. Bottom Line is that to make a really good 3D game you need to be very knowledgeable and skilled at a programming language and very good at math. I think MMF should just steer clear of 3D and focus on providing the best 2D tool out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your best bet at 3d, in my opinion, is learning a little C++ and modding halflife. The hard stuff's been done for you, and you have a wealth of sound FX and models you can tweak or replace, along with a C++ SDK that is VERY well documented.

G-g-g-google it and see if it's your thing. Another option is also using MMF for the 2d interface to a 3d engine. I've seen that done before, though not using Halflife's engine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Active 3D object by LIJI and if all your going to do is moan about 3D , this is an active community for MMF2 (a 2D development IDE) if you want 3D go to an irrchet engine site or cube, not here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of good opinions there, can this extension be done yes or no? I didn't want it to be turned into a discussion about 2D versus 3D iv'e had enough of that, about 95% of all my games I will make will be 2D okay, I love multimedia fusion 2 the way it is but it's always nice to have something new, I just came up with this not just to help me but other people, I can see people using this extension to make 2D games.

2D Games Like say a Bat and Ball Game, where when you destroy the bricks, tiny cubes fall down and rotate and such or a puzzle game where you have 9 cubes and when you click on one some of the other rotate and you must get them all to face upwards.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to not request anything 3D related for a while, not even get involved in a discussion about anything 3D, even if someone else starts it. If someone else requests a 3D extension that's great. We're responding this way simply because it's you who's requesting it. Can't you talk about anything other than 3D for a while? To me, dragonguy is the guy who only asks for 3D features, don't you want to be associated with anything else too?

To answer your question: It can be done, yes, but your chance is greater if you offer an extension developer some moeny for the effort. Just requesting an extension doesn't often result in anything at all, unless it's something the commnity really needs - and this is not one of those things.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting ridiculous dragonguy. How many threads are you going to start that have some relation to 3D in MMF2? People have said in all of your other threads many variations of 3D can be done, this not being an exception. This could be done without an extension with correct object Z ordering and some math to scale and rotate each face of the cube. But your best bet is to realize that MMF2 isn't meant for 3D, yes it can be done, but it is meant for easy 2D game creation as well as applications to be made. You have to stop with the recurring 3D questions because it has become more of a nuisance than simple questions. MMF2 = 2D. There is a reason there have been talks of MMF 3D, because MMF2 isn't geared for 3D game creation. And people want MMF3 much more than a MMF 3D because they realize it would still be an immense amount of work.

EDIT: I did a little searching and here is a list of threads dragonguy has started relating to 3D. And some of these were closed.

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=13372&Number=9455 1
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=13216&Number=9338 9
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=12839&Number=9046 4 [Closed]
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=12668&Number=8901 8 [Closed]
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=12492&Number=8745 0
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=12235&Number=8567 5
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=12121&Number=8482 1

See my point?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a few more which we removed

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can do this with the 3dmesh ext. It's an good extension. But have to be optimized for hwa, and the gouraud shading does not work. Only gives me flat shading. Strange....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast