Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Serial Object: MMF2 Serial Port Control

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Serial Object: MMF2 Serial Port Control

The Serial Object gives MMF2 an easy way to communicate with devices over a computers serial port. Easily connect, send, and receive data with homemade or existing devices.

Version 1.0 can be downloaded at the URL below:
    http://www.wowbrowse.com/serial/

Questions and bugs should be asked in this thread.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Serial Object: MMF2 Serial Port Control

Wow, nice and unexpected work!

Should I post it in the Released extensions forum?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Maybe give it a week here first. I'm curious to see if anyone can break it. I may make a few minor changes as well over the next few days. The extension is stable as I have tested it quite a bit with my own devices but I still might want to tweak a few things.

EDIT: Found one mirror half issue. This won't work on Vista unless the application is being run as administrator. So be sure you tag applications "As administrator" in the MMF "Execution Level" options. I'll update the examples to make note of this.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good work!
    Some comments:

I recently had to use serial communication with MMF and did it using dotnet object because of one special need, maybe you can consider to add this feature if you wish

I needed to send the "0x00" ASCII character across the serial connection. I couldn't do this using MMF expression editor because of the way it works. To avoid that it could be useful an action to send a particular ASCII char using an integer parameter, or to be able to send the content of a binary file.

Also, I think I miss the rest of the standard parameters of a serial connection: Data bits, parity, stop bits.

Thank you! Great work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

I needed to send the "0x00" ASCII character across the serial connection.
    I'll look into adding this ability. I really like the idea you have of sending the contents of a binary file. This will definitely be the next feature I add.

Also, I think I miss the rest of the standard parameters of a serial connection: Data bits, parity, stop bits.
    I tried to make it simplified and mirror the options of the old 3ee serial object. I will likely add these more advanced features as a second extension later down the road and keep this one as a simpler version. For now I just needed something to communicate with. This is definitely something I plan to expand on. The lack of any serial ability in MMF2 has bugged me for a long time.

As I get more free time I will try and add these additional features.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice work Arron, I know a number of people wanted such an extension (and it made me smile that you used cereal for your icon). For ease of use, I'd refrain from putting .rar files in zip files in the future, tho. Not only does this require people to extract it separately, it may require some people to download 7Zip/WinRAR/PowerArchiver. Instead, try and replicate MMF2's \data\runtime, \extensions\ and \examples\ folder structure so people can just extract it to their MMF2 folder.

While in general I understand why you don't want your extension distributed by an extension download service, I think that allowing for it to be distributed with FusionUpdater would benefit users.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the zip file to make the install easier and also made an exception for FusionUpdater.

I'll have another version of the extension out next weekend. Hopefully with the send file feature added and a few minor tweaks.

Edit: One quick question. How do I make sure FusionUpdater knows when I have a new version ready?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice ^_^. I think you are supposed to PM Sphax if you have new extensions or updates for FusionUpdater.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow I get my USB to serial adapter, so I can start using this extension!

Thanks for making this!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Example Problem:

In the event list of your included example, there are some events that say "Cannot Load Extension".

There are also 4 tabs in the Serial Object's Properties box in your example. (Size/Position, Runtime Options, Events, About).

In my own applications, there are only 3 tabs in the Serial Object's Properties box (Runtime Options, Events, About).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast