Thread: everything about MMORPG made in MMF2 - questions

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything about MMORPG made in MMF2 - questions

Well, I don't know was it already posted but I have some questions

a) I know it's possible to make it, but is it efficient?
    b) Why server should be made in c++, not in MMF?
    c) Using MOOgame or MOOclick and hax programs, there is low or high chance to hack game by somebody?
    d) Just in sum: is it worth to make mmorpg in MMF?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: everything about MMORPG made in MMF2 - questions

a) The point of MMF is to make things quickly and easily, not to make things that run incredibly well or anything particularly complicated. That should answer whether it's efficient.
    b) An MMO server needs to essentially play ALL the players at once, MMF just couldn't handle more than a small number.
    c) This depends on how you design your game. If the server controls everything, then the worst program that can be made is a bot. If the client controls anything at all, then a hack can be made:
    Hak to Server:
    Give me 1 billion experience!
    Server 1 to hak: (from a game where server controls all)
    No.
    Server 2 to hak: (from a game where the client awards experience)
    OK!
    d) Making an MMO client in MMF is possible, it's up to you whether it's worth it. Making a multiplayer RPG in MMF (client and server) is also possible, just not the "massively" part you'd need for an MMO. You'd never get even 100 players on a server made in MMF, and that would be tiny for an MMO.

Most people who want to make an MMO in MMF only really want to make a small multiplayer RPG. If that's you, then do that. That's achievable. An MMO (server) in MMF? Not going to happen. An MMO server in C, plus an MMO client in MMF? Years of work (seriously). Small multiplayer RPG? Much better idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, thank you for exhaustive answer

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

b) Why server should be made in c++, not in MMF?
    MMF2 isn't as god at handling lots of simultaneous connections (e.g. it doesn't have threading). It doesn't have to be C++ tho, there are some good Java servers out there.

c) Using MOOgame or MOOclick and hax programs, there is low or high chance to hack game by somebody?
    Medium chance someone will try - whether they succeed depends on how much you trust the client.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blizna's server got hacked and he (or she) had to change how it worked to stop the program from working

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neat_kliker2 is right, that was the proof that everything has to be server-sided so I remade the whole system. Now Im not affraid if people pay for my game, the only client-side thing is chat.

Anyway, Im just finishing C# server that is supposed to be pretty fast for really massive number of players.

I will make new thread with MooClick protocol specifications, its useful if someone is planning program his own server for MMF2 clients.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't have to have everything on the server, it's quite easy to make some events that catch the hackers.

For example, say you had 2 values: Level and Exp. The hacker might edit his level and make it higher. To prevent that, you would do something like this:
    +(Level up)
    -Add 1 to protect
    -Add 1 to lvl
    -Add 1 to lvlcounter
    -Subtract 1 from protect

+Every 1 second(s)
    *lvlcount <> lvl
    *protect = 0
    -Ban!

So if the hacker changed his level without leveling up, he would get banned. The 'protect' is to prevent people from being banned from the millisecond when lvlcount <> lvl when they level up normally.

Hackers could also edit their exp and level up that way, so you could do something like this:

+(Level-up)
    -Add 1 to lvlupcounter

+Every 15 seconds
    *lvlupcounter > 6
    -Ban!

+Every 15 seconds
    *lvlupcounter <6
    -Set lvlupcounter to 0

If the hacker were to level up more then 6 times every 15 seconds, he would be banned.

Of course, if you were to do this you would have to be really sure ir wouldn't ban people for no reason. It would probably be easier to do it all on the server, but you don't have to.

I really recommend you don't try to make an MMORPG in MMF, it would take years to make a good one and it is very hard to make a good one by yourself.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joeyotrevor: What you write is maybe good for simple game and for silly hackers - good hacker will easily send message to server to change everything.

Thats why you need everything on server side..my game checks everything and I can say its the only MMF2 online that players pay for.

Im using totally complex and variable system, like this:

User wants to use item, no matter what it is: Sends ONLY its ID. Server then looks to database and find item type and process allowed action.

For example one table holds DMG in this form 30DMG=100. If player uses weapon type 30, it reads dmg like this: GetValue(Type+"DMG") and so server counts: HP=HP-GetValue(Type+"DMG")/SkillDefense etc.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing MMF servers might be exploitable to the drop item once but sending it so many times so fast that it actually drops more than one time like in Diablo 2, then again event based so maybe not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not mistaken, can't you encrypt text using Blowfish?

That way if you give both the client and the server the game encryption key, the information going back and forth will be gibberish for pretty much any botter. Once someone finds out the key, just change it in an update.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast