User Tag List

Thread: melee combat

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

melee combat

How do you 'event' a hand to hand fight? I understand the collision from a bullet, but does anyone have a sample code of hand to hand? What i want is if the sword hits the enemy, then a hit is registered based on a calculation something similar to dungeon and dragons rule sets. I don't want a hit to be registered if the two bump in to each other or when i am attacking the enemy i don't want a hit registered to me. Also, how do you not 'get hit back' when you are attacking? I guess i am looking for a simple hand to hand battle code.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: melee combat

You don't want much. [shocked]

-Well for the Dungeons and Dragons rule set you'd have to plug in those values yourself. [Its complicated but is possible]

-Melee Combat - Let's keep it simple, Create a Sword object, and that register's hits on the enemy leaving the body of your character unhurt.

I know this is probably your dream game idea, but have you gotten your feet wet with MMF yet? What have you made with MMF so far?

I would rank what you want as [color:#FFFF00]intermediate[/color] level.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: melee combat

I would still consider myself a beginner, I have a space shooter that is a cross between galaga and space invaders and it plays rock videos from the eighties [starts with acdc thunderstruck] at the top...graphics are retro..I have been working with counters and global variables. I also have a couple of platformer projects I have started. I thought about the sword thing, but that is hard to do with the animations [rotations and attaching it to the hand]. I use 3ds max7 for my animations. I got a suggestion on the chat room of shooting a slash next to the character and testing collision on that and destroying it after .1 seconds. I am trying that now. Thanks for the reply!!!