Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some other problems I encountered

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some other problems I encountered

While making my platformer, I encountered some other problems that I could not solve:

Frame Transitions: (when my player reaches the border of the screen, he should be taken to the second frame). The problem is, that MMF only switches to the second frame, without the player. I'd like the player to walk freely between frame 1 and 2. Has anyone a solution for this problem?

I have an active object I want to use as fog. It has the same screen size as my frame. How do I get it to move in a loop without it disappearing from my frame?

Are there particle effects in MMF2? How do you create them? And is it possible to simulate water with those?

I can't use objects from frame 2 in frame 2. I wanted to define a collision from player with level 2 object. But I can only define events from frame 1..

That's all for now. Many thanks in advanced

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Some other problems I encountered

Frame transitions: You'll have to program your own technique for this using events.

Fog: Have 2 objects. As the first one goes off to the left, have the second one come in next to it on the right. When the first one has completely moved off the left, put it so it comes back in on the right next to the second one.

Particles: Experiment with moving active objects around. Water would be very complex to make and would require HWA.

I don't understand the last question.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frame transitions: Here's how:
    1. Drag (or copy-paste) your player object to the second frame.
    2. In the event editor, program the events
    +Player leaves play area on bottom
    -Jump to frame 2
    etc.
    3. And that's it! If you want to make it look smoother, you could create global values for the x and y position of the player as it leaves the screen so that on the next frame, you can set the player's position at the start of the frame to where the player walked off.

And for your last problem, you need to drag objects from the first frame into the second frame if you want to be able to use them in both frames.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ pinacoladaxb: The problem with this solution is, when I want to go back to frame 1, the player starts at the beginning of the stage, whereas he should reappear at the end of frame 1.

As easy as that, perfect :P

Thanks, pinacoladaxb

So with frame transitions theres no getting around trying right?

Could I do that with path movement?

So there is no particle engine per se. Well, I'll try messing actives :P

I'll try to explain: In frame one, I have an active object which is the level, in frame two, I have another active object, representing another Level. Now my player object is in frame one. I wanted to define a collision event for frame 2. Yet, I can only import objects that are in the same frame as my player.

Thanks for your help, Nick

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Save the frame the player has just come from in a global value, then at the beginning of the frame, move the player to the correct side of the frame judging by the global values data.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an example I made for someone else with the same problem:

http://files.filefront.com/Exiting+and+Entering+Framemfa/;10615108;/fileinfo.html

And for the fog, you can use the paralaxer object:

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=96237#Post96237

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the example and the link, InsertNameHere I'll have a look at it right away

@ Nick I think I need some time to understand the global value stuff you just explained me.. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You probably know what a variable is. It's a space in your computer that can hold a value.
    An alterable value is a variable that is stored with an object. You can edit and retrieve that value at any time. Alterable values are used a LOT!
    A global value is like an alterable value, but it can be carried between frames. Things like lives, money, collectables, etc are storred in global values because they are used in all frames. Alterable values reset every time you start a frame, but global values don't.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ pinacoladaxb oh I get it. Thanks. Sounds a lot less complicated the way you explained it :P Do you know a tutorial explaining which object is used to set global values?

@ InsertNameHere The Paralaxer doesn't support alpha channels and I'm a fan visibility effects :P. Now, I made it the way Nick said, and it looks pretty cool But your example on frame transitions is pretty neat! Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The system object is used to set global values. It is already included in every frame. It's the one that looks like a computer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast